Selection criteria for Undergraduate Medicine, if a degree is started (1 Viewer)

Joga Bonito

HSC
Hi there, i was wondering if my GPA matters at all if I start a degree in 2010 and then apply again for undergraduate medicine in 2011? I’m planning to do a science degree, and then try the UMAT again. For selection, do any/all/some universities use GPA achieved in first year, or do they still use ATAR, or do they use a combination of both? All help appreciated

mmkardart

Med/Dent Interview Helper
HSC
N/A
It depends on the university. If you have been out of high school for one year, I know for sure that UNSW considers your ATAR score, first year's GPA, and UMAT.

This sort of information would vary and should be listed on the universities' websites. If not, give them a quick ring :party:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
It really depends on which uni's you are or want to apply for, they all have different criteria, this table may help you: Student resources - Med Students Online

All of the below do not include interviews/universities/UMAT own criteria, it is up to you to look up the specific criteria for each of the universities you want to apply to.

Combination ATAR/GPA: UNSW, UTAS? (no-interview), UWA?

ATAR or GPA: UWS

GPA: JCU (does not require UMAT), UNCLE/UNE, Bond

Exclusion due to GPA: U.Adel, Monash, all provisonal offer schemes.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)