Selective Entry Thread 2021 (Lockdown) (2 Viewers)

joe mama

HSC
Hi if anyone gets an interview or get anything back please reply on this thread thanks. I'm applying into year 10 for Hurlstone, Fort Street and Normanhurst. All tests have been postponed (again) due to the extension of lockdown.
2 ppl ik got offers into fort st

joe mama

HSC
hi @joemama Any crude ideas which year have higher in takes. Is it year 9 or year 10? does it differ from school to school?
Hi, it differs from school to school but as a general rule of thumb, year 11 has the most as they open up new spots
Second would be year 9 (im not sure why haha but most schools have a lot of students leave in yr9, or some schools such as Sydney boys open up a bunch of new spots)
year 10 would be less of a chance as spots are only opened when current students leave

wzsmartypants

HSC
hi @joemama Any crude ideas which year have higher in takes. Is it year 9 or year 10? does it differ from school to school?
depends. syd bois open up 30 spots for yr 9 entry, penrith also open up a lot of spots (10~20 im guessing) for yr 10 entry

availmatty

HSC
Hi, it differs from school to school but as a general rule of thumb, year 11 has the most as they open up new spots
Second would be year 9 (im not sure why haha but most schools have a lot of students leave in yr9, or some schools such as Sydney boys open up a bunch of new spots)
year 10 would be less of a chance as spots are only opened when current students leave
That sounds encouraging. May be people reach their threshold by the end of 2nd year and leave :)
Any Ideas how you could earn any volunteering certificates. I heard lot of duke of Ed. Not sure how to avail it.

kkk579

hello
HSC
That sounds encouraging. May be people reach their threshold by the end of 2nd year and leave :)
Any Ideas how you could earn any volunteering certificates. I heard lot of duke of Ed. Not sure how to avail it.
duke of ed i think u have to be in yr9 to participate in it. the way most ppl do it is thru their school, usually the schools organise them.

availmatty

HSC
duke of ed i think u have to be in yr9 to participate in it. the way most ppl do it is thru their school, usually the schools organise them.
oh, thats sad. So many things are pertinent to the school. is there any volunteering activities i could take up in year 7 or year 8?

kkk579

hello
HSC
oh, thats sad. So many things are pertinent to the school. is there any volunteering activities i could take up in year 7 or year 8?
yep lol, hmmm maybe go online and search for volunteering jobs?? like for charities and stuff
here’s the link:

specificagent1

HSC

joe mama

HSC
yeah volunteering in school fundraisers, joining clubs & initiatives, or even volunteering outside of school e.g at a thrift store or aged care centre would look great on your application
you don't have to have a certificate as proof, you could have a written document by ur supervisor, or a printout of ur name on the program

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)