Selective Entry Thread 2021 (Lockdown) (3 Viewers)

Constantspy977

sensational
HSC
hey guys, Im new to BoS, Im just wondering like what are the chances of me getting into hurlstone, Girraween, fort street hs in 2023(year 10), I'm in yr 8 rn and hoping to apply next yr any advice. I've gotten into bonnyrigg hs but I want to get into a full selective.

wzsmartypants

HSC
hey guys, Im new to BoS, Im just wondering like what are the chances of me getting into hurlstone, Girraween, fort street hs in 2023(year 10), I'm in yr 8 rn and hoping to apply next yr any advice. I've gotten into bonnyrigg hs but I want to get into a full selective.
it really depends on how you perform in the HAST test for hurlstone and girra, and how ur essay is written for fort street. Grades and extracurriculars are also really important.

kkk579

hello
HSC
lol what a coincidence ur same grade as me and i’m applying for the exact same schools as u for entry into yr10 in 2023

joe mama

HSC
yep what @wzsmartypants said, you need to standout with excellent results from the HAST test results/ essay because that's how they initially sort through the applicants

if u want an idea on the grades u need, straight a's or close to
and extracurriculars now is a good time to start adding on more if u don't have alr
try join a sport, do as many comps as possible, join a club in ur school

Constantspy977

sensational
HSC
yep what @wzsmartypants said, you need to standout with excellent results from the HAST test results/ essay because that's how they initially sort through the applicants

if u want an idea on the grades u need, straight a's or close to
and extracurriculars now is a good time to start adding on more if u don't have alr
try join a sport, do as many comps as possible, join a club in ur school
Ok, I have a lot of extra curricular, like debating, soccer, fitness challenges and taekwondo, and Im going to do ICAS and hopefully do good in that, for my grades, its uncertain rn, but yeah, also I have to do selective for these schools right, cuz I heard that Baulkham hills hs doesn't do a selective test (idk if its true).

kkk579

hello
HSC
Ok, I have a lot of extra curricular, like debating, soccer, fitness challenges and taekwondo, and Im going to do ICAS and hopefully do good in that, for my grades, its uncertain rn, but yeah, also I have to do selective for these schools right, cuz I heard that Baulkham hills hs doesn't do a selective test (idk if its true).
yeah baulko doesn’t require an exam

Constantspy977

sensational
HSC
baulko:no exam
fort st:no exam unless ur doing yr11 entry
hahs:hast test for every year
also, how do I prepare for the HAST test, is there any past papers or websites? And for ICAS, you guys got any tips or websites to help?

Scimat

HSC
For the hast I think you should focus mostly on writing, maths. Reading is really hard. I got a really low percentile last year for reading and still placed 18th. Abstract reasoning you just need to practice like a few weeks from the exam from those websites for job employment.
But take my advice with a grain of salt because it depends on your particular abilities

Constantspy977

sensational
HSC
For the hast I think you should focus mostly on writing, maths. Reading is really hard. I got a really low percentile last year for reading and still placed 18th. Abstract reasoning you just need to practice like a few weeks from the exam from those websites for job employment.
But take my advice with a grain of salt because it depends on your particular abilities
did u get a reserve for placing 18th still?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)