• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Selective Entry to 2012 ( HELP) (1 Viewer)

jnney

lemon
HSC
Well i only know about fort street. If your test scores are exceptional they accept u straight away. If not they may ask u for an interview and look at your report.

You have to hand in a hand written essay, and attempt a maths and english test. 50 min each. Year 10 topics.

da_nerd_av7

HSC
N/A
if around 140 ppl try out to fort street and they only take 20 you would have to be pretty godly to do get in unless they are local people?

da_nerd_av7

HSC
N/A
Are there any schools that are 'linked' as in you do one exam in total
and i was wondering if i should try out for NSBHS but i heard they have crazy exams....

jnney

lemon
HSC
Um.. Well i got an interview. Then i got rejected because my report was shit. Most people dont do well in the test for some reason, i dont know why.

Look okay, just go for the tests and apply for the schools that you want to attend. No ou will not get accepted if u are a local - it is a selective school. Worry about yourself , rate of competition can vary greatly each year.

jnney

lemon
HSC
Yes some selective schools have linked exams - i think girra is one of them. Its expensive. Okay dude just go onto the site of the school you're interested in. Thr cut off dates an info is all there.

da_nerd_av7

HSC
N/A
for my fourth choice is NSBHS good?... is it one of those logical exams?

jnney

lemon
HSC
I dont know im not a guy lol.

It depends, if u think you are capable go for it. Nothing's holding you back. Ask around for people who have attempted the test before. But yes i have heard the tests were hard - you have to do 3 or 4. Thats all i know.

Saturn WY15

HSC
NSBHS test last year i heard was crazy hard. Anyway, just take a shot at the exam, what have u got to lose ?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
NSBHS test last year i heard was crazy hard. Anyway, just take a shot at the exam, what have u got to lose ?
A bit of money. Each of the schools requires an 'admin fee' when applying.

da_nerd_av7

HSC
N/A
yes wat he said ^
i really want to get in so i want to try for the schools that i have a chance to get into instead of wasting money....wat should i put down as my 4th choice and is my order good?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
yes wat he said ^
i really want to get in so i want to try for the schools that i have a chance to get into instead of wasting money....wat should i put down as my 4th choice and is my order good?
There's nothing wrong with your order of schools.

Where abouts do you live? Perhaps for the last choice, just put down your closest school.

da_nerd_av7

HSC
N/A
i would also like help in completing the form for sydney tech....can i write bs on it or does it have to be legit?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)