Selective School Application- how do I ace the test? (1 Viewer)

mylifesmelody

HSC
N/A
Hi!
I am thinking of applying for North Sydney Girls High School or Hornsby Girls High (btw I'm in Year 10). However, to get into both schools you've got to do really well on the test. Any tips as to what I should study???
Thanks!!

MissyL

HSC
Hi!
I am thinking of applying for North Sydney Girls High School or Hornsby Girls High (btw I'm in Year 10). However, to get into both schools you've got to do really well on the test. Any tips as to what I should study???
Thanks!!
Buy the past HAST exam papers because that's the entry exams for nsghs and hornsby. They also take reports up into consideration so whether you did good in them, all the best to you :p

wtfnoob123

HSC
as Missy said above ^ buying those papers from ACER will help ALOT - brush up on all your english text types ( im asssuming it'd be a good idea to do that) :) and i think its mathematically sciencey based maths (- the maths bit) aso extra cirricular / academics/ leadership will help ALOT - as an extention

mylifesmelody

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the advice!!
Just wondering though, where can I purchase the practice tests from?
Thanks

MissyL

HSC
I think you can buy them on the ACER website and isn't Hornsby and NSGHS exams on the same day?

mylifesmelody

HSC
N/A
Yeah they are on the same day, but Ill be sitting the North Syd. one only (test only for applicants who put that school down as first preference). I looked on the website, but I couldn't find any practice tests.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)