• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

selective school (1 Viewer)

streetball

HSC
hey guys, i wanna go to a selective sch, i missed out in yr 6, yr 8 and yr 9. what should u do this yr to prepare my self for this yr seltive entrance exam leading on to yr 11. lets say... i wannna go to nth syd boy and fort st.

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC
Talk proper English at any time possible. Honestly. Start typing everything you want to say online with proper grammer and everything.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
I would say just study hard. However luck is important. I believe one of the 07's (think it was drynxz), got into Hurlstone after sitting their entrance exam with no prior study.
I didn't even know there's an entrance test when I was accepted into my current school :p

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
streetball said:
hey guys, i wanna go to a selective sch, i missed out in yr 6, yr 8 and yr 9. what should u do this yr to prepare my self for this yr seltive entrance exam leading on to yr 11. lets say... i wannna go to nth syd boy and fort st.
I don't doubt you'll get into Fort Street, even if your marks aren't up to scratch. Their screening process is much too lenient.

When you apply, they'll be looking at your report cards, so do whatever you can to get high grades on them.

By the way, UAI is not a percentage. Get rid of the "%" in your siggy before some smartass rips your head off.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
One of my friends went to fort street but came back to penrith after one week they generally take people from other selective schools in. Normally only 6-8 people get into fort street for yr 11. Apply for penrith high its ranked 24th if u live within 30mins or less away from penrith, fort street is ranked 23rd and at penrith the selective school test is not always compulsory for entry. Dont just apply for one selective school, it says on the application form u may apply for 6. Go to prior or pre-uni tuition they do selective school test coaching. You dont have to do an entrance test for some selective schools. I got into a selective school this year without an exam.

Last edited:

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Try to do well in your current school (pretty obvious I realise) and it might be helpful if you participate in extracurricular activities such as music, sport or debating. A girl in my class got into Hurlstone too but declined, her report card was pretty good and she did heaps of extracurricular stuff even though she's not exactly top of the pops. But I'm not sure, maybe different schools have different requirements.

SoulSearcher said:
Hey he's new to the forum, cut him some slack.
Seconded.

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Wooz said:
Apply for more than one selective school, not just one, it syas u may apply for 6 selective schools on the application form.
I have a feeling the guy already knew this (and will when he gets the form) since he did specificially state he wanted more than one choice i.e. North Sydney Boys or Fort Street. Although it is nice of you to be concerned :)

Bookie

Banned
HSC
- Type properly
- You suck for not making it in Year 6
- Or Year 8
- And Year 9
- You cannot attend two schools at once, however much as you may wish to
- You cannot acheive a 100% UAI, thus pretty much confirming your status as to not being in a seletive school.

Deal with it jackass

Bookie

Banned
HSC
- Type properly
- You suck for not making it in Year 6
- Or Year 8
- And Year 9
- You cannot attend two schools at once, however much as you may wish to
- You cannot acheive a 100% UAI, thus pretty much confirming your status as to not being in a seletive school.

Deal with it jackass

streetball

HSC

"you are meant to aim higher, so you can achieve an ideal score"

streetball

HSC
ANd sorri* "BRookie", that i am not gifted and talented as you are! for not making it to seletive for yr 6 and other yrs.

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
lol thats right...i got into Hurlstone wif no study whatsoever. I used to go to the same school as soulsearcher, (pats fairfield)...and possibly bludged my way trought year 10 only recieving mediocre SC results -_-..but anyways, if you strong academically, you should have no problem getting in...For fort street, i heard the entrance test is difficult and the school is predominantly azn...but good luck in whatever school you try out for.

vizman

HSC
Wooz said:
One of my friends went to fort street but came back to penrith after one week they generally take people from other selective schools in. Normally only 6-8 people get into fort street for yr 11. Apply for penrith high its ranked 24th if u live within 30mins or less away from penrith, fort street is ranked 23rd and at penrith the selective school test is not always compulsory for entry. Dont just apply for one selective school, it says on the application form u may apply for 6. Go to prior or pre-uni tuition they do selective school test coaching. You dont have to do an entrance test for some selective schools. I got into a selective school this year without an exam.
foremostly, fort st takes over 30 people. secondly we're ranked 21st you tool. and yes fort st does require a test, which im told isn't piss easy.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
m0ofin said:
I have a feeling the guy already knew this (and will when he gets the form) since he did specificially state he wanted more than one choice i.e. North Sydney Boys or Fort Street. Although it is nice of you to be concerned :)
I know he was applying for more then one selective school, what i should of said was to maximise your chances of getting into a selective school this year it would be wise to apply for 6 selective schools if he lives near them.

And Vizman have a cry, according to the telegraph it came 23rd on a % basis over 90 according to the herald it came 21st which calculated the numbers of tests that got over 90.

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Wooz said:
I know he was applying for more then one selective school, what i should of said was to maximise your chances of getting into a selective school this year it would be wise to apply for 6 selective schools if he lives near them.
He probably would've realised that too.

Since when did this discussion turn into some juvenile quarrelling?

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
Wooz said:
Dont just apply for one selective school, it says on the application form u may apply for 6.
Are you sure its 6? I thought it was 4 you can only apply...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)