Selective Year 11 2022 (1 Viewer)

Nacseo

Newest Member
HSC
Hey guys, I'm in Year 9 rn and decided that I want to go into a selective school in Year 11, this may be a bit early, but I'm just preparing just in case. I'm applying for Penrith HS, Baulkham and Girraween for selective, I was gonna originally apply for St Marys Senior High, but I'm putting it as my back-up.

I heard that for going into Penrith and Baulkham for Year 11, some people that you need to sit for the HAST exam if you wanna get into Year 11, but then again I heard you don't need to do the exam and just send an application with your reports. But I'm very unsure about it.

And if you do need an application for the schools, do you print it out and give it to them in person or just send it online somehow. The main schools I want to get into is St Marys Senior or Penrith. I need help Plzzzzz.

These are my preferences for Selective
1. Penrith
2. Baulkham Hills
3. Girraween

Back-up: St Marys Senior

dumNerd

HSC
Hey guys, I'm in Year 9 rn and decided that I want to go into a selective school in Year 11, this may be a bit early, but I'm just preparing just in case. I'm applying for Penrith HS, Baulkham and Girraween for selective, I was gonna originally apply for St Marys Senior High, but I'm putting it as my back-up.

I heard that for going into Penrith and Baulkham for Year 11, some people that you need to sit for the HAST exam if you wanna get into Year 11, but then again I heard you don't need to do the exam and just send an application with your reports. But I'm very unsure about it.

And if you do need an application for the schools, do you print it out and give it to them in person or just send it online somehow. The main schools I want to get into is St Marys Senior or Penrith. I need help Plzzzzz.

1. Penrith
2. Baulkham Hills
3. Girraween

what do you want help with.....

HSC
N/A
I'm not sure about the selective schools. But for St Marys, being a partially selective school, they assess your application based on your marks in your report. Also, a friend of mine who went there handed his application in person, so I'm assuming that's the norm.

Nacseo

Newest Member
HSC
what do you want help with.....
How to apply for these Selective schools for Year 11, do I need to sit for the HAST or just give an application with my report and etc.

Nacseo

Newest Member
HSC
I'm not sure about the selective schools. But for St Marys, being a partially selective school, they assess your application based on your marks in your report. Also, a friend of mine who went there handed his application in person, so I'm assuming that's the norm.
Oh ok, Thank you dude.

Nacseo

Newest Member
HSC
Thanks g! I didn't want to say your username because I though it would sound rude. For the link you sent me, It says that i need to be in a selective school to go into Baulkham, I'm sorry I didn't mention this, but I'm part of a Government High School.

hstb_

HSC
Thanks g! I didn't want to say your username because I though it would sound rude. For the link you sent me, It says that i need to be in a selective school to go into Baulkham, I'm sorry I didn't mention this, but I'm part of a Government High School.
I have been in the exact position as you. Baulko accepts public school kids too (me) and they are based on supporting documents and your achievements both outside and inside your school like community service, high distinction amc, src, dux etc. Also you have to fill out a supplementary form from Baulko.Penrith and Girra is based on HAST test and supporting document of which I achieved top 7% overall in HAST (offered for Penrith and reserve 4 for girra), so as long as you get top 10% in HAST with decent supporting documents, you will get into Penrith and Girra. Marys was also my backup plan, but its really easy to get into, just have a decent report and a few extra curricular and make sure to submit your application in ASAP.

hstb_

HSC

1. Penrith
2. Baulkham Hills
3. Girraween

Print it out and fill, then give it to the school in person or mail it. DO NOT EMAIL, they don't accept emails

idkkdi

HSC
I have been in the exact position as you. Baulko accepts public school kids too (me) and they are based on supporting documents and your achievements both outside and inside your school like community service, high distinction amc, src, dux etc. Also you have to fill out a supplementary form from Baulko.Penrith and Girra is based on HAST test and supporting document of which I achieved top 7% overall in HAST (offered for Penrith and reserve 4 for girra), so as long as you get top 10% in HAST with decent supporting documents, you will get into Penrith and Girra. Marys was also my backup plan, but its really easy to get into, just have a decent report and a few extra curricular and make sure to submit your application in ASAP.
just curious, what individual section %'s made up your top 7%?

idkkdi

HSC

1. Penrith
2. Baulkham Hills
3. Girraween

ngl, your preference order seems very counterintuitive.

hstb_

HSC
Hey bro can you tell me how your supporting documents are looking, cos then I can give advice what preference you should put baulko

Nacseo

Newest Member
HSC
Hey bro can you tell me how your supporting documents are looking, cos then I can give advice what preference you should put baulko
The things is mate... I'm sorry if I sound dumb, but what are supporting documents? Is it like what you've contributed for my school.

hstb_

HSC
The things is mate... I'm sorry if I sound dumb, but what are supporting documents? Is it like what you've contributed for my school.
academic, leadership, community, sport, music achievements. This includes top 10% AMC, high distinction ICAS, Debating , SRC, Duke of Edinburgh, State runner , NPL soccer or even just normal league soccer, volunteering , finalist or grand finalist in sporting/music/academic competitions etc. It is basically what you have achieved

hstb_

HSC
Yeh I thought that too, My tutor said that this order was the best for me.
yeah, penrith is the easiest one to get into anyways imo, and if that's the school you want to go to the most then yeah put it at preference 1

Nacseo

Newest Member
HSC
By supporting documents he means extracurriculars you've done, any awards you've achieved, your reports, etc
Oh ok, I was part of Under15s Rugby Team, I 'am currently part of the SLB( Student Leadership Body) and contributed to some fundraisers like White Ribbon and A Toy Drive, I got 4 A's, 3 B's and 2 C's so far in my reports.

hstb_

HSC
Penrith is relatively lenient with their selection process, they mainly focus on your HAST results so make sure you do well in that
girra as well, normally schools that do HAST, the results of HAST is like 75% of their selection process

Nacseo

Newest Member
HSC
What report is this for?

Penrith requires your year nine semester one report, year nine semester two report and year ten semester one report in your application
this is my year 9 semester 1, I haven't gotten my semester 2 yet

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)