Selling Legal Studies notes (95) and 15 Economics essay plans (91) | 98.1 ATAR (1 Viewer)

DanS

Born to do better.
HSC
Examine, I really can't thank you enough! Your Legal Studies notes are wonderful, worth far more than what you are asking! You must have spent a lot of time developing & refining them! Well done with your awesome LS and BS mark...

Actually, at the start of year 12, I had aimed to get 98%+ as my final Legal Studies mark. I could have got it, I could easily be ranked 1st in my cohort, and maybe even been well on the way to a state rank. Not any more. Whilst I don't have any difficulty with the work & rather enjoy it, my motivation got lost somewhere between then and now. Each assessment i have done - three in total - has landed up in the same situation: I procrastinate, I leave it till the last minute, then hand in a perfect assessment... which is only half done. I know this isn't the right thread to have a sob session on, but seem I have started... :)

So, I have realized a long time ago time ago that aspiring hopelessly for some miracle mark at the end is pointless. My original ATAR aim, 94.50, is out of reach almost solely as a result of unfinished assessment tasks. Not only in Legal, but for Modern History, and English too. I guess no-one else on here would really comprehend how much I have let myself be distracted and how much I have procrastinated through the year, and I know, it really is absurd.

But I'm not beaten yet... I am aiming for 98% as my exam mark for Legal Studies. I am going to get it, too! Even though my External and Overall marks will be dismal, my exam mark will give me the satisfaction that I can actually do this stuff!

So for anyone reading this post, especially those currently in year 11 & aiming for a high ATAR, all I can say is: never give up. Don't be distracted and turn into a master procrastinator, as I have been. 'Employ' someone to be a mentor - not necessarily to help you to do the course, but just to keep you focused and tell you to keep going. Success is ready to be achieved, glowing just above you, ready to be embraced. Some don't get it because they can't jump high enough. Others don't get it because they simply don't jump high enough. I fall into the second category. May you fall in neither.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)