Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2008) (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Re: Semester 1 Chatter Thread

Boo to assessments.

I have a 50% and a 30% due next monday.

EEEEEk.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

I dislike that USYD UoS are worth the same as UWS UoS

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC

I hope your ankle is better by now ruby!

And IHPF, I liked the first one too but it's hard. If you want the easier option, do the last one, it's still interesting. (You know, there was a documentary on the weekend about babies and foetuses and how they dream whilst in the womb.)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

I'm glad we all see the problem with the UoS thing.

Liek, junior maths is worth 3cp despite having to do >>> more work than any ludicrous faggy arts subject.

Grrr. And as blakegman said, the problem (I imagine) is much worse for stuff like medicine.

EDIT: btw philosophy is a total wank. I'm doing government instead.

HSC

Nebuchanezzar said:

Liek, junior maths is worth 3cp despite having to do >>> more work than any ludicrous faggy arts subject.

Grrr. And as blakegman said, the problem (I imagine) is much worse for stuff like medicine.
YES! Why is that? It should be worth 6cp like everything else, imo.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

nah seriously it is. like, it looked good, but it's a waste of time and money.

I love the way they overexplain really simple concepts. for instance, back in the DBM days hen asked us about ten examples of first/second order desires to make sure we understood a pathetically easy concept. For comparison, Prof. Kable asked us three examples today of an infinitely harder example before he was satisfied that we knew what was going on. It's not that Kable is a poor teacher (he's a legend!), it's just that philosophy is a wank.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

Nebuchanezzar said:

EDIT: btw philosophy is a total wank. I'm doing government instead.
First year maths was a massssive wank though.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

You do have to put in work for arts subjects imo. its just a different kind. I feel like the stupidest person in the history of everything in my english tute sometimes because the rest of them are all heavily into Romantic poetry and one guy in particular seems to have read every single book ever produced by anyone...and then there's me, who chose the subject because I have to do an english unit and this one timetabled better than its twin which I was more interested in to begin with.

I can't wait for second semester to start. I think I've chosen a much more interesting english unit for that. It doesn't involve poetry that I am aware of which can only be a plus.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

I've noticed that different kinds of work are required, but I'm still saying that more work is required for science subjects. Can't comment on engineering, medicine, law and stuff i haven't done, obviously.

waf said:
First year maths was a massssive wank though.
as much of a wank as philosophy?

stazi

Nightman
HSC

the thing is, with arts subjects, you don't have to do the work to get mediocre marks. However, if you want to get Ds and HDs, you still need to work your anus off. In science subjects, you have to do some work, or you fail, as the answers aren't subjective.

CurlyRuby

HSC

Didn't go to uni today..spent the day on a merry go round of doctors etc. Had to go to work with dad because I can't drive, then he drove me to the doctors. Oh yeahh and I can't put a shoe on. My ankle is that huge.
Anyhow yeah went to the doc, he like twisted it round and OH MY GOD THE PAIN. YOU CAN'T BELIEVE HOW BAD IT WAS.

Anyhowww long story short he sent me for an xray. Had to trek to the other side of Killara for THAT. Xray came back clean thank GOD. Apparently i have a "Grade Three Sprain" which is just jargon for "oh wear this funny plastic thing and rest".

And he wants to send me for an mri to see if i need an operation on the ligaments. Eep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)