• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2008) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
Re: Semester 1 Chatter Thread

kokodamonkey said:
yes. 2individuals that, were disliked by lots of people, were controversal and not well received, but both did what they believed was right, regardless of public opinion, and history will remember them for such long-term for greater society decisions.
i was thinking more in terms of your um, rugged handsomeness, but yeah, no doubt you're both visionaries also :D

kokodamonkey

HSC

CurlyRuby said:
Figures he'd be a racist, being a howard supporter and all.
i was not being a racist. and supporting any individual does not automatically make the supportee a racist. You shouldn't just blatantly brand people, you branderist!

Fact is i cannot understand him properly and therefore i do not learn anything. That is why i do not bother going. What is the point in going if i am not going to learn anything? Im better off teaching the course to myself. i tried going but just got bored and ended up talking with friends which then put other people off in the lecture theatre because our talking was a distraction so left.

As you can see i put other people's needs and considerations above mine, thereby not being selfish and of all things not being racist!:uhhuh:

CurlyRuby

HSC

kokodamonkey said:
i was not being a racist. and supporting any individual does not automatically make the supportee a racist. You shouldn't just blatantly brand people, you branderist!

Fact is i cannot understand him properly and therefore i do not learn anything. That is why i do not bother going. What is the point in going if i am not going to learn anything? Im better off teaching the course to myself. i tried going but just got bored and ended up talking with friends which then put other people off in the lecture theatre because our talking was a distraction so left.

As you can see i put other people's needs and considerations above mine, thereby not being selfish and of all things not being racist!:uhhuh:
Also, just like other howard supporters, very easy to rile up in jest :p

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC

fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
yeah im doing the rogerian style method. im stating my thesis in the introduction cause thats what it says in soles but yeah im not to sure if it is okay too do it at the end. how are you going with the essay so far?
im nearing 200. my tute said that we should state the thesis at the end as well?? and ill do the thesis in the beginning too then.

i honestly dont care as long as i get the word count and dont fail the class.

btw, who else noticed this thread is overrun by 1st yrs? :)
and chad, ruby's just kidding. goshhhh. :)

kokodamonkey

HSC

fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
KM how are you going with the perdisco?
just finished transaction week5 of which i got all of it right :) (learning from my mistakes) Doing pretty good considering i never go to lectures or do tut hw!

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC

but they have a certain number of people which they have to fail, irregardless of your raw marks so.. technically, you can pass all the assignemnts + exam and still fail yes?

and probably. i hate soles. i never read it.

CurlyRuby

HSC

jayadore said:
btw, who else noticed this thread is overrun by 1st yrs? :)
and chad, ruby's just kidding. goshhhh. :)
Lol it's quite true. We're all here like "ZOMGOSH I'M GOING TO PHAIL SUM1 HELPZ ME PLZZ!!!!!"

But jay and i are cool first years.

KM is an uncool first year, who people look at in his political shirt and laugh at and say "n00b"

kokodamonkey

HSC

CurlyRuby said:
Lol it's quite true. We're all here like "ZOMGOSH I'M GOING TO PHAIL SUM1 HELPZ ME PLZZ!!!!!"

But jay and i are cool first years.

KM is an uncool first year, who people look at in his political shirt and laugh at and say "n00b"
:D ZOMGOSH I'M GOING TO PHAIL SUM1 HELPZ ME PLZZ!!!!!:argue:

kokodamonkey

HSC

fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
Yeah i kept on making the same mistakes over and over again because I couldnt be bothered looking at what I did wrong and wanted to speed up the process. Also I too never do the tut hw no one in my tut does. Its funny when the tutor asks who has done the homework and no one puts their hand up (actually it isnt)
Well actually one week she said if you know what your doing you can go early. so i said it was me. she then said just do this question first. and i just about shit myself i had no idea what to do had never seen like a general journer/ledger before and im like i thought we just did balance sheets n revenue statements.. I somehow pretended to do it and left the class early. it was great adventure.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC

fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
no are you serious... im scared now... thanks a lot jay :(

yeah same. ive tried once. its full of babble
i only found that out a while ago too.
how crappy is that system? :(
im totally going to be attending summer school or something.

kokodamonkey

HSC

jayadore said:
i only found that out a while ago too.
how crappy is that system? :(
im totally going to be attending summer school or something.
its not for all subjects though. i remember being in some and they keep making it clear that marks dont get scaled/adjusted etc.

CurlyRuby

HSC

Où est IHPF? Je n'ai pas vu elle depuis ce matin!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

jayadore said:
but they have a certain number of people which they have to fail, irregardless of your raw marks so.. technically, you can pass all the assignemnts + exam and still fail yes?

and probably. i hate soles. i never read it.
No course has a quota for fails, but they do have a quota for HDs and the like. Basically they'll set a mark before the end of the course which says what they think you need to get to prove you got the outcomes, and anyone below that gets an F.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC

Je ne sais pas Ruby. :shy:

and thanks waf :) feel much more at ease now.

kokodamonkey

HSC

withoutaface said:
No course has a quota for fails, but they do have a quota for HDs and the like. Basically they'll set a mark before the end of the course which says what they think you need to get to prove you got the outcomes, and anyone below that gets an F.
which will hopefully be no higher then 50%!

HSC

CurlyRuby said:
Où est IHPF? Je n'ai pas vu elle depuis ce matin!
Yeah I'm an awesome 2nd year. I spent the whole day doing French. Wooooo
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)