Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2008) (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Re: Semester 1 Chatter Thread

I remember when me and some mates went into the women's space and stuck a sign on the inside of the door reading "Man Space".

EDIT: The Union actually got complained at for having the cunt issue on its racks.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC

I know.

THEY ARE WORDS.

Get angry over something worthwhile.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

scarybunny said:
I know.

THEY ARE WORDS.

Get angry over something worthwhile.
"I have a dream" ... just words?

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC

OH or Britney Spears in her undies.

They had some man in his undies previously.

SAME THING?

NO!apparently.

Wasn't the whole point that she was being presented as a piece of meat? You want a piece of me...?

Feminists have some serious sand in their vagina.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC

stazi said:
"I have a dream" ... just words?
If he'd gone up there and said "CUNT" that would have been interesting.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

scarybunny said:
OH or Britney Spears in her undies.

They had some man in his undies previously.

SAME THING?

NO!apparently.

Wasn't the whole point that she was being presented as a piece of meat? You want a piece of me...?

Feminists have some serious sand in their vagina.
When a woman shows her undies she is only doing so because she's influenced to do so by the partriachy. Even if they made a conscious decision, it's not really conscious because they were sexually assaulted by their father at the age of 12.

.'. all heterosexual sex is rape.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

withoutaface said:
I remember when me and some mates went into the women's space and stuck a sign on the inside of the door reading "Man Space".
hahaha

cunt.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC

withoutaface said:
When a woman shows her undies she is only doing so because she's influenced to do so by the partriachy. Even if they made a conscious decision, it's not really conscious because they were sexually assaulted by their father at the age of 12.

.'. all heterosexual sex is rape.
Hot.

They're just jealous because they weren't pretty enough to be sexually assaulted.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

The best feminist rants I've ever seen in honi were the one where they actually tried to argue that all heterosexual sex is rape, and the one where the lesbians were complaining that gay men were outearning them and thus were the enemy along with just about everyone else in society.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC

Maybe they're earning less because nobody wants to hire a spiky, consistently offended person? Regardless of gender.

Stop whinging and go earn some money, bitches. I plan on earning an above average wage, what about you?

stazi

Nightman
HSC

Good luck. you're a woman. you'll need it.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC

I don't need luck. I'm awesome.

I may also do some golddigging but that's yet to be decided.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Triangulum said:
any idea why? i saw that it had been cancelled but i havent seen an explanation anywhere. (not that i would have been likely to do it because itd screw up my degree structure, but im interested anyway.)
No, not sure why. I've been planning to do it since i started my degree. Hence i've left room for 18CP of GOVT in my last semester. Now i have to do 3 GOVT subjects at the same time which will be pretty shit.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

i can't believe i can't get the text of de re publica anywhere. it's not in my ancient history reader, it's not on webct, it's not on e-reserve, it's not on perseus or attalus. WELL OBVIOUSLY NOT, IT'S NOT LIKE IT'S ANYTHING SIGNIFICANT OR SOMETHING, JUST CICERO'S MOST IMPORTANT PHILOSOPHICAL WORK, NOTHING MAJOR. god that is infuriating.

neafoo

HSC

Triangulum said:
i can't believe i can't get the text of de re publica anywhere. it's not in my ancient history reader, it's not on webct, it's not on e-reserve, it's not on perseus or attalus. WELL OBVIOUSLY NOT, IT'S NOT LIKE IT'S ANYTHING SIGNIFICANT OR SOMETHING, JUST CICERO'S MOST IMPORTANT PHILOSOPHICAL WORK, NOTHING MAJOR. god that is infuriating.
Does that go by the name 'the commonwealth' as a translation?

neafoo

HSC
Last edited:

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC

like usyd.. the workload is little compared to unsw
comp2129 is easy
or maybe im a little less lazier

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC

The intro to C (what now is comp2129) was good fun. I liked the small quizzes each week as opposed to the massive projects you got in first year. They've adapted the same layout to some of the 3rd year ELEC courses and i'm learning alot more than previous years.

The school of IT has cut quite a bit of funding though. Half my subjects this semester (both SIT ones, one 3rd year, one 2nd year) don't have tutors and tutorials arent marked/supervised. Kinda hard when you get to assignment time cuz you have to learn all the stuff yourself.

btw, A High Way Man, how's ELEC1103 this year? I was surprised they put it in first semester this year because the maths you need for it isn't taught until next semester (MATH1003). That is, unless they took all that first and second order circuits stuff out of it (or simplified it somehow).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)