Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2008) (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Re: Semester 1 Chatter Thread

stazi said:
the thing is, with arts subjects, you don't have to do the work to get mediocre marks. However, if you want to get Ds and HDs, you still need to work your anus off. In science subjects, you have to do some work, or you fail, as the answers aren't subjective.
...and?

also, i've found that every exam period i end up spending lots more time on science than i do on arts. so like, last semester i ended up with a D in EDUF1019, and an F in chem. The amount of work done was probably like 10:1.

Not that it bothers me too much, but it does seem kinda unfair to the poor science students. :(

EDIT: pity about the ligaments.:(

stazi

Nightman
HSC

It could mean that you suck at sciences.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC

my mother made me get an xray once cos she thought i had brain cancer. for real. -insert that roll eye icon- hey ruby, when are the doctor people letting you come back to uni?

i didnt go to uni either today. oh well.

also, i feel bad for the maths people and having their subjects worth only 3CP. well, thats what you get for choosing a crappy subject anyway.

CurlyRuby

HSC

jayadore said:
my mother made me get an xray once cos she thought i had brain cancer. for real. -insert that roll eye icon- hey ruby, when are the doctor people letting you come back to uni?

i didnt go to uni either today. oh well.

also, i feel bad for the maths people and having their subjects worth only 3CP. well, thats what you get for choosing a crappy subject anyway.
LOL SHE MADE YOU HAVE A BRAIN SCAN!!! WHAT SYMPTOMS DID YOU HAVE??!?! Lollllllllllllllll that's cheered me up a great deal jay.

Umm i have to see an ortho tomorrow apparently, but i have a brace and I think i might be able to come back on monday.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

the thing that bugs me most about some arts students is how utterly seriously and indepth they take whatever it is they study - art history, poetry, philosophy, etc etc, and have this weird attitude like somehow being able to recite chunks of the Iliad verbatim and have long wanky discussions about Picasso, or whatever, makes them better than you. I mean, get into it by all means, be interested, but lighten up a bit? That black coffee and cigarettes diet musn't be agreeing with you. (Which brings me to the point that you can pick this kind of student a mile off by the way they dress. Beret compulsory for both sexes.)

sincerely,
someone who studies arts subjects but also likes mainstream tv and music and doesn't smoke or wear itchy hats

:)

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC

what stas said.

but honestly, i cant remember. i think my family doctor was like, wtf she doesnt need one and the mother went ahead and did it anyway. :rolleyes:

and yay for the rest of the week off for you!

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

interestingly, i now have a beret. i shall wear it to piss of cosmic doris. when she sees me she will be forced into a fit of rage. kinda defeats the common image of a chem student though, lulz.

jayodore said:
as opposed to engl1000, lol, ya bitch!

CurlyRuby

HSC

jayadore said:
and yay for the rest of the week off for you!
Hehe i have a lovely little blue doctor's certificate that lets me get out of tutes :D

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC

Nebuchanezzar said:
as opposed to engl1000, lol, ya bitch!
its only eng1000 which is crappy, i mean english as a whole is pretty cool. plus its harder with art subjects where there are things to think about - not that there isnt in maths, but you just follow a formula?

whatever. too tired to argue my point. each to their own etcetc.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

jayodore said:
plus its harder with art subjects where there are things to think about - not that there isnt in maths, but you just follow a formula?
:rofl:

things have changed somewhat since high school bio. :(

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC

yeah okay, maths and sciences are hard etcetc.

by the way Neb, do you know anything about the harry potter society which wants to be.. formed? or something? has that gone ahead? i want to join already.

and where's darlington rd's meeting room? :(

CurlyRuby

HSC

jayadore said:
yeah okay, maths and sciences are hard etcetc.

by the way Neb, do you know anything about the harry potter society which wants to be.. formed? or something? has that gone ahead? i want to join already.

and where's darlington rd's meeting room? :(

Omg Harry Potter Soc! I'm so there. Just tell me place/time.
I'll hobble my way there :D

neafoo

HSC

New computer. Won't be able to buy a new bass for a while now :(

I was up all night putting it together... fucking hell the manual was rediculously hard to follow.

Now i can write stuff on my assignments n shizzle. hooray.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC

dont hobble ruby :) ill save you a spot and we'll bully ashton into carrying you here or similar. :D

(hey ruby, is your name really ruby?)

and yay for neafoo! im glad you got the computer fixed. :)

CurlyRuby

HSC

jayadore said:
dont hobble ruby :) ill save you a spot and we'll bully ashton into carrying you here or similar. :D

(hey ruby, is your name really ruby?)

and yay for neafoo! im glad you got the computer fixed. :)

Hehe yeahhh Ashy Poo can be my night in shining armour.

Yup, my name's really Ruby. Well my full name is Ruby-Jane but nobody calls me that.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

they're waiting for their soc to be approved. they got the numbers so i guess it's just a matter of time. after that they'll send me an email and i'll post the details in this thread, since you're interested.

:D

HSC
N/A

stazi said:
the thing is, with arts subjects, you don't have to do the work to get mediocre marks. However, if you want to get Ds and HDs, you still need to work your anus off.
I agree about not having to work to get mediocre marks. But sometimes I think "wow I'll do ok with this essay" and get a pass, and other times I freak out thinking I did badly and get an HD. So it's a bit of a gamble, imo. Its as if sometimes the markers draw a random number out of a hat and give you that as your mark without reading your work...garrrh

CurlyRuby

HSC

Nebuchanezzar said:
they're waiting for their soc to be approved. they got the numbers so i guess it's just a matter of time. after that they'll send me an email and i'll post the details in this thread, since you're interested.

:D

EEEEEEEEE I HEART HARRY POTTER. I KNOW EVERY INANE PIECE OF TRIVIA EVER CREATED ABOUT IT. EVER. LOVE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)