Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2010) (1 Viewer)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
30 minutes late to a lecture because of a stupid sick person at Oatley and like 3 cancelled trains. And then the train that did come was an all stations. Fun.

Luckily it wasn't a lecture with a roll to sign.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
holy shit you guys, only 10 weeks of first semester to go :|

all i have to do is get through first semester, then it's all cruisy from there. Because i overloaded previously, i only have to do 3 subjects; One of which is thesis (no timetabled hours) and the other two are electives.

Hey waf, have you done ELEC3609 before? Recommend or not?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
holy shit you guys, only 10 weeks of first semester to go :|

all i have to do is get through first semester, then it's all cruisy from there. Because i overloaded previously, i only have to do 3 subjects; One of which is thesis (no timetabled hours) and the other two are electives.

Hey waf, have you done ELEC3609 before? Recommend or not?
Is that Internet Software Platforms? It's ok if you get a decent group (I didn't), but there's much better stuff on offer by SIT.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
Does anyone go to the Jane Austen and her Contempories class (ENGL2611)?
I thought Nicola Parsons recorded the lecture but I can't find any links to it on WebCT. Help~!!!

Alternatively, I'll send you Tuesday notes for your thursday ones. :eek:

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Is that Internet Software Platforms? It's ok if you get a decent group (I didn't), but there's much better stuff on offer by SIT.
Yup that's the one. Databases 2 also looked pretty interesting to me (info3404/3504). There's also that ELEC5619 course (where you use spring and hibernate?) which apparently has good content for web development but isn't very well managed/executed as a course.

But i think i need to do a 3rd year info/comp subject for one elective and the other one is just a random free one i can do from anywhere (thinking of doing something totally left field like a music or web design subject).

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Yup that's the one. Databases 2 also looked pretty interesting to me (info3404/3504). There's also that ELEC5619 course (where you use spring and hibernate?) which apparently has good content for web development but isn't very well managed/executed as a course.

But i think i need to do a 3rd year info/comp subject for one elective and the other one is just a random free one i can do from anywhere (thinking of doing something totally left field like a music or web design subject).
Do HCI if you want easy marks.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
I'm going to watch Disney's Mulan instead of finishing off my lecture... I'll do it tomorrow, before the tut. I promise.

Also this, http://i.imgur.com/vf279.gif
I promise it's nothing scary but heaps lols.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
OHMYGOD THERE IS. I can't handle it. I ditched the recording for Mulan. Send me your notes pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee Bekkie, cos you love me ;D

Plus I never go Mondays :p I'll see you on Wednesday lovely.

Also, you avoided the many 'y's in WHY IS THERE NO MEET. Ohhh do you like my word play there? /geek

FLYHAWK14

HSC
N/A
Boo uni week starting again. :(

P.S. Taking my sister to see Lady Gaga on Wed! I don't know whether I should be excited or puke.
haha I'm seeing Lady Gaga as well! but it's the final Sydney show in April, darn good tickets too!

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
yeah I'll type up my stuff and email it to you tomorrow hopefully :)

in regards to meat, you should ask blue suede i think? they were the one that cancelled it iirc
Thought meet was cancelled based on a group consenus??? Oh well.
Also yes, please send me your notes. Do you have my email address?

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
We have 2 weeks with no class on tuesday mornings so we can do our e-portfolio for WEEK 5.

They wanted us to use me.edu.au BUT it was fucked. Like people could never log in, or you'd sign up and never get a confirmation email so you couldn't get to your account. So they've opened it up and now we can do it however we want.

But that means I actually have to start working on it. Gay.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I've got quite a setup here.

Sitting on the couch with my lappy on the armrest. Tea on the table next to me, all these notes and lesson plans and crap all over the couch and the floor, in a circle around me.

It's like a little learning fort.

HSC
Did not glue my arse to a chair and did not do maths :(
Will shower and then glue myself to a chair and do maths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)