Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2010) (1 Viewer)

wendybird

HSC
Many universities maintain a link between Arts and Science. Science is considered one of the liberal arts. Also, the two branches of science are the natural sciences and the social sciences. I can see the rationale for it. Still seems unusual though.
I agree, I don't think it's illogical.

I was talking to some of the Deans of various faculties sometime in February, and it seems to me that they're really looking to the US in terms of what model to follow.

(Obviously not, however, the complete Liberal Arts model, though Melbourne has more or less adopted it).

But for example, at Harvard, Harvard College (the undergrad institution) is actually the Faculty of Arts and Sciences.

A reference to the interdisciplinary nature of undergraduate studies.

I'm seeing USyd move towards a more US system particularly in the Law facutly, what with the incoming introduction of JD degrees.

Last edited:

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
1. Dr. Stevie is lovely.
2. Malfoy is lovely cos she provided reviews on english subjects WHICH NO ONE ELSE HAS STUDIED.
3. All EDUF is bullshit. I hate it.
4. Koko, STUDY.
5. Bekkie, it's okay I trust you! :p
6. Lady Gaga was interesting. Lots of girls in heels that I wanted to kick because really, they don't belong in the mosh pit.
7. I need to make new friends. :(

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
6. Lady Gaga was interesting. Lots of girls in heels that I wanted to kick because really, they don't belong in the mosh pit.
How was that? Was she as exhausted as they said she was on the news? :p

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
I don't think so. According to my sister, she fainted the other day but she was fine last night. Ehhhh.
I'm going to stick to my own music from now on. Never taking my sister to another one of these things.

Speaking of the telephone video, there was this really pretty girl who had cans in her hair like Gaga. Crazyyyyy.

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
ate in manning for the first time in ages today
usually i avoid that crowded hellhole like the plague

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
was 11 bazookajoe. i dont believe they was servin alcohol upstairs yet am i right? and in any case, all of manning is over priced and shit, which is why its the first time i bin der in ova months, suh!

havent seen you around at uni BJ. you still there? thought you should have been finished long ago?

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Should have been done last year but I fail at succeeding :( just finishing some stuff off.

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
ahh
yes i'll have to endure that next year
then half a year off
then honours

i'll have spent more time at uni than i have at high school.

bio_nut

HSC
but but. if you lived on campus and only had one day of uni, what would you do the rest of the time?????
What?

Ask all the girls doing arts degrees here, I don't even know why their parents would pay for them to live here instead of the Northern Beaches/Eastern Suburbs when they have so few hours.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
Manning burger... I haven't had one in ages. I should get one tmrw. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)