Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2010) (3 Viewers)

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
Okay, so a few weeks ago I got an email from uni saying I had a clash between calculus and work1003. Inthe email it said I would sit calculus at 9.20am and work at 1.50pm. So I wake up at 5.30am to get to uni on time, and go up to the clash room and get told "oh sorry your calculus exam is actually at 11am".

Meaning I woke up so early for no reason. Meaning I have a shorter lunch break to cram for work. And also now I have to sit all alone here in carslaw for more than an hour studying. Ugh :mad1:

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Does USYD offer concessional passes as in if you get 46-49, they give you a pass even though you failed?

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol I don't think we have conceeded passes at usyd. In my dreams maybe, I'm gonna need one. Maybe two.

jet

Banned
HSC
Does USYD offer concessional passes as in if you get 46-49, they give you a pass even though you failed?
Chris Ling told us on the side that if you look at the mark distributions, there's a gap between 45-49 where no one gets a mark so they don't ask for a concessional pass lol (at least in the Chem School).

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Chris Ling told us on the side that if you look at the mark distributions, there's a gap between 45-49 where no one gets a mark so they don't ask for a concessional pass lol (at least in the Chem School).

Mofos. What if my mark is acutally 46, they round it down to 45. lol

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
they definitely don't do it for maths or biology.

though apparently there's something for advanced maths, where if you fail it, it can work out to a pass in the normal maths unit

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Yeah, on chem website it says rounded up marks , so maybe they round up to 50 from 49... anyways the marks only come out july 2nd right no way they come earlier?

On a side note, USYD says your on the risk list, if you fail MORE then half the cps.

Does that mean if I fail half im ok? I just repeat my units and go on?

Ive been checking the stats on chem website and the avg mark for the exams is in the range between 45-49/100 interesting.....

Last edited:

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
Yay time to go get locked up in eastern ave until 3:30

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
I'm pretty sure some classes do. :/ I think my friend got it for a history class? But you're not taking any art classes are you?

Maybe just check with the lecturer..? (Although on a personal note, I would have NO IDEA how to go about that).

Sorry, my response probably doesn't help much but at least now we know they do have conceeded pass at USyd right?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Did anyone know what happened to Sci Tech yesterday? There were like 4 fire engines and 15 firemen outside at 8.30am.

bio_nut

HSC
I'm pretty sure some classes do. :/ I think my friend got it for a history class? But you're not taking any art classes are you?

Maybe just check with the lecturer..? (Although on a personal note, I would have NO IDEA how to go about that).

Sorry, my response probably doesn't help much but at least now we know they do have conceeded pass at USyd right?
Not in science anymore, that got rid of them ages ago I think. They definitely don't have them.

neafoo

HSC
thank christ that's all over.

suddenly: purposelessness.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
i'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Calculus was so much better than biostat :)
YES it was omg! Pretty confident that i passed calculus which is good... may have even passed the exam itself! :O lol that might be pushing it.. but definitely passed the subject i think :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)