• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Semester 1 results (2005) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennille

HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
Stas. nobody gets full for participation in this course. As it is people got two bonus marks in this subject plus I scaled up the midsession marks, so thsi unit already has enough free kicks. What other subject coordinators do is their business. This how I run this subject. At any rate you are arguing (a this is a big maybe) about a single mark (since nobody gets 10/10) and that is not enough to get a distinction.
Quite abrupt...you must of pissed the guy off severely :p :)

Mejc

CSAK AZ ETO
HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
Stas. nobody gets full for participation in this course. As it is people got two bonus marks in this subject plus I scaled up the midsession marks, so thsi unit already has enough free kicks. What other subject coordinators do is their business. This how I run this subject. At any rate you are arguing (a this is a big maybe) about a single mark (since nobody gets 10/10) and that is not enough to get a distinction.
OMG are you serious????
Who said this the tutor or Paul....
Either way they should change the course from multiple choice finals and mid-sems since the MC is just learn the text book inside out rote learn everything we dont care about your understanding....

I feel for ya
:chainsaw: at the marketing people

tennille

HSC
That guy was quite rude...you think you go well in something and then you don't get what you expect, and then you have some arsehole telling you off. :(

Can I have a hug too? I'm still waiting for my other results :eek:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Mejc said:
OMG are you serious????
Who said this the tutor or Paul....
Either way they should change the course from multiple choice finals and mid-sems since the MC is just learn the text book inside out rote learn everything we dont care about your understanding....

I feel for ya
:chainsaw: at the marketing people
Paul said this. The thing is I was being very nice in the previous email. I even said I apologise for being such an annoyance but I do feel that 7 is very low.
Paul's a dick. A lazy dick.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
OMGOMGOMG!!! I topped WORK1001!!!!

EDIT: damn i thought i get a money prize for this, but I only get one if my combined WORK1001 and 1002 marks place me first. Not bad though: $200
However, if I also top WORK1002, I get $400 instead of $200.

Last edited:

tennille

HSC
melbournian said:
Atleast he has responded. My tutor (who is my lecturer), has not responded to my email. And all I wanted to do was find out my individual marks and confirm everything was entered in right.

Stas, the 86 is only 4cp, so my average is only like 72....average last semester was 74, and 73 the semester berfore.
True...That's why it's best to put "Help" as the subject, otherwise they just delete the email.

Congratz Stas. :D

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yep i emailed asking my rank. Only 8 HDs given out. Shit, I never realised HDs are so hard to come by.
I am so happy with it. I beat about 5 people who all sit at the front of the lecture theatre every lecture, recording the notes onto a dictaphone and using shorthand write down everything that is said as well. Then after each lecture they stay back for an hour arguing current IR issues.
I love beating those freaks.
Funnily enough, I did the least study for IR than anything else

matt#1

HSC
N/A
1Time4thePpl said:
yep i emailed asking my rank. Only 8 HDs given out. Shit, I never realised HDs are so hard to come by.
I am so happy with it. I beat about 5 people who all sit at the front of the lecture theatre every lecture, recording the notes onto a dictaphone and using shorthand write down everything that is said as well. Then after each lecture they stay back for an hour arguing current IR issues.
I love beating those freaks.
Funnily enough, I did the least study for IR than anything else
congrats 1time, but damn....u only beat me by a few marks :mad:

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Hmm that lecturer was quite rude. Why doesn't anyone get 10/10? I mean, surely that's not acceptable to just say that. I mean, it should be possible to get full marks in any assessment you do, and not be restricted from doing so, solely on the purpose that the lecturer doesn't want to give out a 10 to anyone. If I was at USyd, I'd take this matter to a higher level (or if this happened at UTS), probably not to get extra marks myself, but to save future students.

Congrats on your results people.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
congrat @1time...

@nit: soz nit, unfortunately sci doesn't get as many sponsorship c/f to comm... prizes in sci are so desperate limited in numbers... just observe this:

all hd's in science subjects: dean's award = a piece of paper
2 d's in acct's = a piece of paper + 250 bucks...

i can't even believe this...

btw to all comm pplz out there... do metrics... they got heaps and i mean HEAPS of prizes for 2nd/3rd/4rd yrs...

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
xiao1985 said:
congrat @1time...

@nit: soz nit, unfortunately sci doesn't get as many sponsorship c/f to comm... prizes in sci are so desperate limited in numbers... just observe this:

btw to all comm pplz out there... do metrics... they got heaps and i mean HEAPS of prizes for 2nd/3rd/4rd yrs...
4rd years?

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
xiao1985 said:

LOL you serious? Do you mean 1A and 1B? That's kinda not hard...

stazi

Nightman
HSC
011 said:
LOL you serious? Do you mean 1A and 1B? That's kinda not hard...
that can't be right. there's no prize for this in the handbook. There's prizes for proficiency which i assume mean 'topping'

stazi

Nightman
HSC
xiao1985 said:
check ivo whiston kerr
best 1st yr acct SA
It's best 1st year accounting essays. How does that mean if you get two D's then you win a prize?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)