Semester 1 USYD Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silly Sausage

HSC
I don't know why but every I open the physics past papers the diagrams only load about half-way. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
anyone got any thoughts on junior science units as wam boosters?

majoring in finc maths and stats, love multi choice. considering Phys1500, fundies chem (did quite a bit of chem at high school), geos1001 and psyc1002.
Don't know about those, but GEOS1003 is a really easy HD. The final exam wasn't multiple choice, but you're allowed to take in 10 (from memory) pages of handwritten notes. Does have a practical component though (rock and mineral IDs).

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
MATH2065? :p
Yep. I'll see how long it takes before I get sick of the early starts haha.

anyone got any thoughts on junior science units as wam boosters?

majoring in finc maths and stats, love multi choice. considering Phys1500, fundies chem (did quite a bit of chem at high school), geos1001 and psyc1002.
PHYS1500 is very interesting and not hard by any means, but there is a LOT of content to memorise. If you don't intend to put a lot of effort into it, I wouldn't do it. Same goes for Psychology I would think.

I'm doing GEOS1002 and INFO1003 next semester for my junior science units; I'm pretty sure they're good as WAM boosters but I won't be able to say for certain until I've done them.

antheung

HSC
N/A
Yep. I'll see how long it takes before I get sick of the early starts haha.
Last year I never missed a lecture, but in the second half of the semester I started falling asleep in the middle of the lectures :(

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Ah yes well I'll have my morning coffee so I won't have problems with that haha.

My main problem is the one and half hour commute. Although if I leave when I have to I might avoid the peak hour traffic.

Silly Sausage

HSC
Doing PHYS1500 next semester, it has 6 hours per week which is 1 less than the normal physics units.

Silly Sausage

HSC
Anyone know a good intro to accounting/finance subject? Wanna see how its like.

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
PHYS1500 is very interesting and not hard by any means, but there is a LOT of content to memorise. If you don't intend to put a lot of effort into it, I wouldn't do it.
Ugh, this. It was such an interesting unit, but the amount of content (and level of detail) that you have to commit to memory for such a short final exam... On the plus side, there's what? Two theory quizzes, one lab quiz, and a final exam—not much doing.

mreditor16

HSC
According to a friend, customising for USYD timetables is already open "by mistake". Idk though, I'm just a UNSW student lolol.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
I'm doing GEOS1002 and INFO1003 next semester for my junior science units; I'm pretty sure they're good as WAM boosters but I won't be able to say for certain until I've done them.
I did GEOS1002 last sem and it was my 2nd worst mark for the whole year lol.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Yeah? Was there anything particularly difficult about the subject?

I was using it for my junior science credit points, but I'm considering replacing it with MATH3061 and doing HPSC1000 next semester instead.

Last edited:

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Mine's not too bad, but I definitely need to move a class around if I want to keep working.
Ugh, most of the classes are immovable. The only thing I can do is move one class later in the day, and hope my employer will let me work in the morning.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
So I've heard. Think that's what I'll do now.

Aysce

HSC
Anyone here taking PCOL2012 by any chance next semester?

RealiseNothing

HSC
Yeah? Was there anything particularly difficult about the subject?

I was using it for my junior science credit points, but I'm considering replacing it with MATH3061 and doing HPSC1000 next semester instead.
Not a difficult subject, I just sucked at it I think.

I'm doing HPSC1000 atm and it's much easier.

Also, MATH3061 clashes with MATH2968. I'm hoping they upload the lectures though.

antheung

HSC
N/A
Not a difficult subject, I just sucked at it I think.

I'm doing HPSC1000 atm and it's much easier.

Also, MATH3061 clashes with MATH2968. I'm hoping they upload the lectures though.
I don't think Stephan uploads his lecture notes because he uses the blackboard (at least that's what happened last year), and I doubt that Laurentiu will upload his lecture notes because he doesn't for MATH3961 ...

RealiseNothing

HSC
I don't think Stephan uploads his lecture notes because he uses the blackboard (at least that's what happened last year), and I doubt that Laurentiu will upload his lecture notes because he doesn't for MATH3961 ...
I'll probably go to the 2nd year lectures, and I have a friend that will be going to MATH3061 lectures.

So I can just ask him what happens I suppose.

How are the MATH2968 assessments? I've heard the content is hard but are the assessments also hard or do they make them easier to compensate for the difficulty of the content?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)