Semester 1 USYD Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
So today just got amazing. Received two marks back that were pretty important.

15/15 in a graph theory quiz (only like 4 people got full marks so fuck yeah), and an 87 in my bioethics essay which was worth 33%.

Nice.
Woohoo, congrats!!

That's actually a really great mark for bioethics, and they're not usually easy markers.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
how we doing in the lead up to exams everyone?

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Deciding whether or not to DF intro programming.
I would personally discourage DFing anything, unless you're doing so for reasons that could have it converted into a DNF. It will ruin your WAM/GPA and looks poor on a transcript. You've also already done 12 weeks of work on the subject and still have a few weeks to pull it together for exams so unless you're super ridiculously failing and would rather see a DF on your transcript than a low number, I'd say there's still a chance for you :)

Noooo :( How come?

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
how we doing in the lead up to exams everyone?
Most of my subjects so far are ok, thought I'm quite worried about MATH2962 cos of my quiz marks etc.

Also MATH2961, despite doing ok in the quizzes, it was really due to the quizzes being easy. Scared for this final.

antheung

HSC
N/A
Noooo :( How come?
For two of my units of study (which are the hardest ones I'm doing this semester), I'm like one or two tutorials behind. :(
Luckily all the examinable material has been covered in lectures so I can start revision. :frown2:

antheung

HSC
N/A
Most of my subjects so far are ok, thought I'm quite worried about MATH2962 cos of my quiz marks etc.

Also MATH2961, despite doing ok in the quizzes, it was really due to the quizzes being easy. Scared for this final.
I remember last year's MATH2962 exam was quite hard (for me) :frown2:

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Introductory French is all done and I'm pretty sure I aced it :).
MATH2969 is pretty good.
MATH2961 is good too but like Realise said the assessments have been relatively easy so far.
MATH2962 is killing me haha. Will do a lot of practice over Stuvac so hopefully my exam results will be better than the quizzes.

Last edited:

_traveler_

That married guy
HSC
N/A
got 83 for 2 essays.. vs my m8 that got 86 and 87.. I really wanna see their writing style..... Also, there has to be something up with marking consistencies, another m8 wrote an essay in 24 hours and got 90. (I haven't gotten this essay back yet but her tutor is known for being an easy marker, he gave me a D for the most bullshit essay I wrote) I understand that there is a panel at the end of the semester that requires tutors to justify their marks but if they cant I'm not sure what happens....

Really fascinated by the possible different writing styles that would change marks from a upper D to a HD.

Also: Exam Tomorrow, Thursday, Reflection Paper Friday, 4k Essay 15/06 and exam on 20th.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Introductory French is all done and I'm pretty sure I aced it :).
MATH2969 is pretty good.
MATH2961 is good too but like Realise said the assessments have been relatively easy so far.
MATH2962 is killing me haha. Will do a lot of practice over Stuvac so hopefully my exam results will be better than the quizzes.
Man I got rekt by 2962.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Not as rekt as me haha. And apparently 2968 is worse.

Oh well. I'm hoping to do postgrad law after I graduate next year, so I think I'll drop down to the normal stream to maximise my WAM. Enjoy Algebra though :p. I might go through the course content myself if I have some free time :).

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
I feel like I may be OK for my exams? So now there's a small part of me screaming IT'S A TRAP and thinking I'm going to get completely slammed.

Also, spending more time at work, so less time for study. But, more money!

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
just got some marks back for the first time this semester. averaging 90 for one subject and 82 for the other. weeeeeeeeeeeee

much calmer now yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)