Semester 1 USYD Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erique

Writ in water
HSC
First semester report! Pretty happy but... Does anyone have any idea what marks people have gotten in the past to get history prizes? I know it fluctuates according to cohort, but I will hang on any data I can find.

catnats

HSC
Hey everyone :)
I hope your all well and enjoying your break :).
I need some advice- I'm currently in an economics degree first year and wanting to transfer to commerce next year. Do any of you have any idea what wam I will need to be able to transfer? I have been really anxious and worried especially during the exam period that I won't able to get the marks I need to do the majors I want and all the planning and hoping throughout this year to do the majors may not come to any avail :(
Thanks so much:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
A credit average is generally enough for most transfers.

catnats

HSC
Hey :) so anywhere between 65-75 would be enough to be able to transfer? :)

catnats

HSC
Thanks so much for your help Amleops :) have an awesome rest of your holidays :)!!!

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
MATH2969 - 91
MATH3066 - 85
HPSC1000 - 85
MATH2961 - 83
MATH2962 - 73

rekt so hard by 2962
Wow great work mate.

I was pleasantly surprised with my results, once again I've received rainbow grades:

MATH2961 - 78 (DI) (Not too shabby at all :))
MATH2962 - 57 (PS) (Praise the Lord, I'm just happy to pass haha)
MATH2969 - 68 (CR) (That advanced assignment really fucked me over, apart from that I don't think I did too badly)
FRNC1601 - 94 (HD) (Guess I can't complain. Was expecting to get closer to 100 seeing as I'm already semi-fluent in French, but that course was a lot harder than I expected haha)

But most importantly I've kept my distinction average, so hopefully now that I'm dropping down to the normal stream that should be much easier to maintain :).

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
@catnats

Yeah 65-75 should be fine, obviously the higher the better.

Thanks, you too :).

antheung

HSC
N/A
Wow great work mate.

I was pleasantly surprised with my results, once again I've received rainbow grades:

MATH2961 - 78 (DI) (Not too shabby at all :))
MATH2962 - 57 (PS) (Praise the Lord, I'm just happy to pass haha)
MATH2969 - 68 (CR) (That advanced assignment really fucked me over, apart from that I don't think I did too badly)
FRNC1601 - 94 (HD) (Guess I can't complain. Was expecting to get closer to 100 seeing as I'm already semi-fluent in French, but that course was a lot harder than I expected haha)

But most importantly I've kept my distinction average, so hopefully now that I'm dropping down to the normal stream that should be much easier to maintain :).
Congratulations! Doing advanced subjects takes a lot of dedication (and courage!).
Having suffered pretty badly last semester by choosing a few advanced maths subjects, I promised not to do the same thing again, yet I attempted two advanced maths subjects again this semester ... This time the grade for one of them really suffered :frown2:

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Congratulations! Doing advanced subjects takes a lot of dedication (and courage!).
Having suffered pretty badly last semester by choosing a few advanced maths subjects, I promised not to do the same thing again, yet I attempted two advanced maths subjects again this semester ... This time the grade for one of them really suffered :frown2:
As you said, though, still a lot of dedication, courage, and hard work behind your choice! I admire anyone doing advanced maths— you all have brilliant brains, and should be proud.

antheung

HSC
N/A
As you said, though, still a lot of dedication, courage, and hard work behind your choice! I admire anyone doing advanced maths— you all have brilliant brains, and should be proud.
Thanks! I just saw your excellent grades - congratulations! ;)

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
You did 3rd year maths this sem right?

How were they? Next year I'm more than likely doing Metric Spaces/Galois Theory/Biomaths/and idk the last one yet, but probs mathematical computing.

Am I gonna get hardcore rekt (all at advanced level, I don't like doing regular if there's advanced available).

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
I got a friend who absolutely killed it though, 90+ in all 3 maths and info.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Cheers guys :).

Yeah advanced was pretty full on. I enjoyed the challenge though. Would have been nice to continue on but I really need to protect my WAM better for postgrad haha.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Right, so i know for sure that i'm not doing MATH2962 next year.
Do it if you have Daners.

Don't do it if you have Florica. She's a great lecturer but her assessments are quite difficult.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Cheers. They do! We had it in Charles Perkins, which is so shiny and new... I'd never been there before.
Arrh we had ours in the Economics or Business Building back in the day (3 years ago ~ ahhh how time flies). I have never been inside the CPC and have only seen the majestic that is from afar (too lazy to trek it there).

@Amleops - I remember you telling us that you were semi-fluent in French and that you did not wish others to find out hahaha. But those marks are pretty awesome so congrats. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)