• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Semester 2, 2005 at Usyd (or 2005 at USyd) (1 Viewer)

Liberal Scum

Banned
HSC
Ok I'll do a proper one:

1) 8am starts suck, but when it takes you an hour and a half to get to them they make you want to kill yourself.
2) Resolution to 1): lectures are very easily skippable, and in fact one can learn 4 weeks worth of a maths subject in less than an hour by reading the textbook.
3) KC Wong is the worst lecturer ever. If I ever get him again I'll consider deferring and/or changing unis.
4) The only good food on campus is the seafood box from Wentworth. And half the time they make that some strange way so it tastes like crap.
5) Must get a subscription the The Australian next year, it's good value.
6) V/Red Bull prior to exams is mandatory.
7) Engineering's buildings are shit.
8) Campus politics is infested by communists and wannbe communists.
9) Physics is shit, never overload it when you don't have to purely for interest reasons.
10) In semester assessments fuck you over. Final exams make you win.
11) Your mark in a subject will be inversely proportional to the number of its classes that you attend. (See my marks from last semester for evidence of this fact).
12) SUEUA + SULC >> all other socs.
13) University overall has been 100x better than high school, because it keeps me interested academically and the social aspect is also awesome.

Last edited:

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
chepas said:
With a short (!) haiku.
Haha, chepas you rule. Your rhyming skills are second to none.

Its really interesting seeing what all your perspectives on uni are....

tennille

HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
Wait wait... is dudechick a dude or a chick? I know which one you're talking about! My friends and I weren't too sure either...Oh, and how did you find out which one he/she is?

Oh, and I think you know my friend. I won't post her name, but she has very blonde hair and blue eyes and does advanced chem and advanced maths. She had your demonstrator for chem.
It's a dude!!! I found out during my chem tute. It spoke and it sounded like a man!!

And I think your friend was my lab partner. Does her name start with C?

tennille

HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
yeah!
She mentioned her friend Tennille once when I was talking about this guy (whose name started with J) who has only female friends and I told her that one of my friends called him a stalker (not to his face though). Then C said "I think you've told me this before." and I said "did I? I don't think I have." Then she said "no wait, my friend Tennille told me about him."
Then I remembered she told me the name of her lab demonstrator, and that someone here has mentioned the same lab demonstrator, and 1+1=2, you're the Tennille she was talking about!

wow... he's a dude. We just did not know.
Oh yeah, I know who you're talking about. He does MBLG and he always used to sit next to my friend and I. We always tried to avoid him but he'd always find us, especially when we're walking to Redfern. He's a freak! He just randomly asked me for money once. He always used the pick up line "I have an essay for psych on Freud".

Whenever I see that cleaner, he's always cleaning the board. he reminds me of Mrs. Doubtfire, lol.

tennille

HSC
llamalope said:
no way... it has to be a woman!
My friend asked whether it was a man or a woman in front of him (by accident), and he did some gay action with his hand. Apparently he had long nails at the time as well.

tennille

HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
I successfully avoided him for two months, but then two weeks ago (when I knew I would run into him) I went to support my friends who were doing the MBLG skills test, and guess what? I ran into him, and he happened to know this girl I know who came to support her friends too! So after he went in to do the skills test, we talked (read: bitched) about him for a bit.

He walked with my friend and I all the way to Redfern station on the first day of semester two, why? Because he had nothing better to do (read: he has no friends).

Okay, I'll stop talking about him now. He might be a boser (I doubt it very much).
He's a loser. I think he got the message that I don't like him. I haven't seen him for ages. He tries to hit on every girl and score with one of them. Poor Justin (jhakka) had to put up with him once.

tennille

HSC
That's what I did as well. I acted cold towards him and he eventually got the message.

stazi said:
Ooooh can i meet this stalker :) he sounds cool
Even you wouldn't like him :p

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
1. Usyd turned out better than I thought. I don't really notice any real snobs so far despite studying both arts and commerce subjects. People are as friendly as anywhere else really. Maybe I'm just lucky in my experiences.

2. Wentworth is my second home now whether I like it or not. Merewether is my 3rd home. Haha.

3. My standards have dropped from crying over getting anything less than 90 in the HSC to jumping and screaming when I pass an assessment. It's pretty dreary.

4. 1st Semester sucked and I pretty much drifted in and out. 2nd semester is better but it's depressing when I'm working so much harder and the improvement in mks is so abysmal.

Looking forward to holidays :D :D :D Summer holidays didnt even look this appealing and inviting last yr!

EDIT: Ooo and I have been to Manning a grand total of 3 times now! Haha..

HSC
N/A
1. first semester was a breeze

2. not working and constant late assignments hurts -especially when you get raw marks at the top of your tutorial group, but become average with late penalties

3. drinking heavily is not a good way to live

4. being right wing is like being a commie in the 30's, everyone spits on you

HSC
Henry_Kissinger said:
1. first semester was a breeze

2. not working and constant late assignments hurts -especially when you get raw marks at the top of your tutorial group, but become average with late penalties

3. drinking heavily is not a good way to live

4. being right wing is like being a commie in the 30's, everyone spits on you
Is that you wiki?

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
omg can't beileve there exist such gabage in the world
1) first sem: omg analysis is the bitchest thing eva
2) if a good friend is trying to go after another good friend, who are good friend themselves, and u cannot convicne the good friend not to go after theother one, stay away, and don't get involved
3) persistence does nothing. luck gives u everything
4) overload = not good
5) didn't get a hd average... upset

2nd sem:
6) analysis = nothing... algebra is the real bitch
7) everythign around uni (includin newtown thai)tastes shit
8) lib fines 1 buck/item/day for overdue books... no graceful periods
9) security bus driver's kinda nice
10) V tastes uglie

keladry

lady knight
HSC
lol i think i know the stalker too... he doesn't talk to me directly tho - maybe he doesn't like asians? hahaha one thing good about being asian =P most ppl seem not to like us for some reason =S but please if u are referring to fobs, call them fobs! i'm asian and not a fob and strangely enough, fairly normal. also am slightly offended when referred to in disparaging manner.

as for uni life, it's been good for me socially, esp since i came from a hole of a school where i was one of three to make it to camperdown/darlington campus, and none science. i met a great bunch of ppl, and i can't imagine life without them now. they're a part of my life now, as much as my high school and tutoring friends. i've been very lucky so far ^^

food is frightfully expensive, and $20 a week is not enough to live on. there's almost always someone i know at wentworth, but there are prettier places to hang out (even tho i never go). pool is addictive and also frightfully expensive and crowded, but i'm getting better ^^ only downside to level 5 in wentie is the presence of a certain was-crippled who had a tendency to feel up female acquaintances (or at least hug them ><).

i usually attend my classes, and try to pay attention to them, but in wallace (it's such a pain in the arse to get there from eastern ave) i have an unfortunate tendency to fall asleep. something to do with lights, lack of oxygen, warmth etc. next year, if i get wallace, i'm going to get someone to pinch me awake. or eat constantly. and not have classes in the afternoon. sleep tendency worsens after lunch.

sem 1 was for adjusting to uni life, sem 2 to pick up my marks >< i actually liked the subjects i did this sem more than last sem, including (horror of horrors) MBLG. except maths. i will always loathe maths. but 8am starts are better than 6pm finishes.

uni politics and fliers - will avoid at all costs next year. now i stuff my hands into my pockets and stare straight ahead. severely tempting to stick my rude finger up at them.

and on a final note, i should probably make more friends outside my group, as i'm becoming increasingly isolated from other uni students in general.

keladry

lady knight
HSC
and that person that cleans the board in chem? i reckon its a guy with a lot of female hormones. me and my friends were speculating for a long time on that. i see we weren't the only ones =P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)