• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Semester 2 (2005) Textbooks... (1 Viewer)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
need:
acst201
accg201 (only the text made by macquarie)
math135 (relevent textbooks)

have:
most of first year commerce texts
econ141 study guide
accg 250 (both texts and myob)
busl250 (gibson/fraiser)

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
MaryJane said:
Technically, psych is a humanities subject, and there are heaps of us!
No I'd definately say it's a science... and a lot of the the psych grads not going all the way with their degree (Hons+Masters) end up number-crunching stats for a living...dour.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
GoodToGo said:
No I'd definately say it's a science... and a lot of the the psych grads not going all the way with their degree (Hons+Masters) end up number-crunching stats for a living...dour.
Meh, I think its what you make of it. I hate science and anything mathsy based, but love all social psych etc, which I would classify as humanities. But I can def. see the science part of psych (eg. cognition, perception and who can forget stat... :mad: )

*hopeful*

HSC
does anyone need acst101 books ?
or bba102 ? or mktg101 ? or stat170 ?

televators

HSC
psychology should be considered science...and thats it

you are still applying scientific principles in social psychology situations, etc

sure..you require the skills also needed in humanities (report writing, essays, etc)...but this doesn't make it a humanities subject exclusively...

most other universities in the state consider it as a science.

most arts students (from who ive met so far)..don't really come across as computer geeks such as us..sooo they probably wouldnt of heard of bored, let alone online forums.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Being a science student and having done Psychology, I say it's both.

Anything can be explained with scientific principles or related back to science.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
MaryJane said:
Meh, I think its what you make of it. I hate science and anything mathsy based, but love all social psych etc, which I would classify as humanities. But I can def. see the science part of psych (eg. cognition, perception and who can forget stat... :mad: )
Yeah, I almost stayed in psych cos of Kip Williams and his Social Psych component of PSY105. Cognition and Biopsych just did my head in :(

bobbinbrisco

HSC
I have the ECON111 text books.

They are:

1. Microeconomics: A Contemporary Introduction. Swann and McEachelon
2. Microeconomics: A Contemporary Introduction (Study Guide), Micheal Swann and John Lunn.

They are in excellent condition.

Selling for $65.

bong

HSC
Available: ECON111, ECON141, MATH133/136 (Algebra)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
GoodToGo said:
Yeah, I almost stayed in psych cos of Kip Williams and his Social Psych component of PSY105. Cognition and Biopsych just did my head in :(
You're lucky you got out while you still had the chance... now I'm stuck! (well, not really, I could change at any moment, but I've only got one more sciency psych left before I can do all the "airy fairy crap" -quote Jamie- that I like)

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
MaryJane said:
You're lucky you got out while you still had the chance... now I'm stuck! (well, not really, I could change at any moment, but I've only got one more sciency psych left before I can do all the "airy fairy crap" -quote Jamie- that I like)
hehe. and somehow after knocking social psych, i ended up going better in that than the cogition/perception unit.. this makes choosing my 3rd year psych units very difficult. should i do the units with the airy fairy exams.. or the science ones (which would seem harder now). sigh. i could do bits of each i guess.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Do the ones you're interested in... I'm doing social and psychopathology, and I'm really hoping psychopathology isnt v. sciency (but I have a feeling a lot of neurons etc. will be talked about because some disorders affect dopamine, serotonin etc, which are all neurotransmitters).

And airy fairy exams are great because it leaves more room for bullshitting, which I'm sure is how I pulled my mark in social!

Last edited:

symo

HSC
for Sale:

Isys123
Accg200
Econ111
Accg105

wanted:

Bba214
Bba216

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Has anyone here done PHIL233 (history of ethics). Im interested, but i want to know what the assessments are like.. is it a big or small exam? ta.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
AsyLum said:
Cos arts students dont know how to use computers, duh!
AND

too many people are shit scared to do a degree that doesnt result in a businessy/accounting/law/ guaranteed money job... ie arts/media/humanities even if that means being stuck doing something you hate for 4 years of your life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)