Semester 2 Chatter Thread (2007) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Re: Semester II Chatter Thread!

Neb, were you around Fisher ~1pm today?
Ya-huh.

What's more distressing that removing the coffee cart (which is bad enough), is that they're going to REMOVE the POPLAR trees from outside the COMMUNIST building of BIOCHEMISTRY and MICRObiOLOGY! Yarrghghghghgh!!!

And replace them with lemon scented eucalypts or summat. Also, the footbridge will have been replaced by the time we re-start uni next year. Is that news to anyone, because it sure was news to me.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

Yeah I had no idea. Where will the new bridge lead to?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

It comes out of student central or summat, so I guess it'd be like...all diagonal and whatever leading towards Eastern Avenue.

Shoullda just left it the way it eas earlier this year. A new law building, and that should have been the limit.

Edit: So like...Wentworth will become almost obsolete, in a lot of ways.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

Nebuchanezzar said:
Woo! And so I join the people-who've-seen-Neb club.

Here's the overall plan for the building works:

neafoo

HSC

triangulum did you do the anhs1005 assignment for this week?
If so how did you footnote Cicero's stuff? I cant figure out how i would write it
... i could write it like how it says in the reader, but a few of them have publication and translation dates etc.
i hope you're still awake D:

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

neafoo said:
triangulum did you do the anhs1005 assignment for this week?
If so how did you footnote Cicero's stuff? I cant figure out how i would write it
... i could write it like how it says in the reader, but a few of them have publication and translation dates etc.
i hope you're still awake D:
I think Kathryn sent out an email saying that she would footnote with the usual Oxford Classical Dictionary abbreviations - like
Cic. Mur. xxvii 69
for Pro Murena xxvii 69 and so on - and then do the bibliography entries as the HSTY presentation guide directs for primary sources. But I don't think they mind massively as long as you're consistent.

neafoo

HSC

im going to be up all night figuring this out :( cheers.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

neafoo said:
im going to be up all night figuring this out :( cheers.
I feel your pain. I got four hours sleep last night finishing the damn essay. At least I now don't have to think about ancient until exams.

neafoo

HSC

driving me insane already >;(

huehuehehuehueheuehuehueheuheuehueheuheueheheuehueheuehueheueheuheuheuhe
i think im getting the hang of this now... except for the 'on the agrarian law' one ive got i think

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC

got 5/5 in my accounting 1b quiz :eek:

neafoo

HSC

i guess its done :( just gotta print it now. i did the footnotes but fuck they threw me around alot. Theyre probably wrong but i really dont know what i can do now.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

Triangulum said:
Woo! And so I join the people-who've-seen-Neb club.

Here's the overall plan for the building works:
I agree with the architecture lady form the smh - quit trying to make USyd look like any old generic university in Sydney, and start using what we've got. USyd was blessed with a picturesque Eastern Avenue that was unlike anything else in Sydney, and they demolished it to look like a replica of UNSW. It's shit.

See that gap inbetween Eastern Avenue/Carlsaw and the faculty of Law? I betcha that's going to be one of the most awkwardly unused parts of the new Eastern Avenue. It'll be like the Chemistry courtyard - isolated, bitter, unused and scarily shit.

I should be protesting about that. :eek:

I met cosmic doris today. And so I join the people-who've-actually-met-BoS'ers club. You never know Triangulum, it may have been some other generic redhaired guy. Though, if I was wearing a black coat, it most probably would have been me. :\

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

Nebuchanezzar said:
You never know Triangulum, it may have been some other generic redhaired guy. Though, if I was wearing a black coat, it most probably would have been me. :\
The black coat was what made me think it was you, actually. I win. :)
Nebuchanezzar said:
See that gap inbetween Eastern Avenue/Carlsaw and the faculty of Law? I betcha that's going to be one of the most awkwardly unused parts of the new Eastern Avenue. It'll be like the Chemistry courtyard - isolated, bitter, unused and scarily shit.
The law plaza is going to be on a major thoroughfare and have grass, though. Unlike the chemistry courtyard, which is wedged between buildings, isn't visible from any road and is primarily concrete. And is populated almost entirely by science students.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC

Eastern Ave had lovely deciduous trees, and they McChopped them all down.

Do not want. I liked it the way it was. Without the endless drilling and no shade.

HSC

Are you serious? Cos if you have a problem with it I will change it straight away. Just think that YOU were my inspiration. LOL. :eek:

EDIT: Hey Jimmy, I just saw that you added me as a buddy. Awww. And that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. You're my first buddy on BoS. :eek:

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

The law plaza is going to be on a major thoroughfare and have grass, though. Unlike the chemistry courtyard, which is wedged between buildings, isn't visible from any road and is primarily concrete. And is populated almost entirely by science students.
How on earth could it be regarded as a major thoroughfare? A thoroughfare by itself would be a stretch, IMO. Seriously, people will bypass it, and the only people to walk through there will be law students and the people who want a shortcut to the Carslaw building. There's be no/little shade and the area will seem hollow. Booo law building!

Eastern Ave had lovely deciduous trees, and they McChopped them all down.
Such a shame too. Why didn't people make more of a fuss about this before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)