Semester 2 Chatter Thread (2008) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

amber44

HSC
Re: Semester 2 Chatter Thread

Has anyone done SCLG2609, Contemporary Cultural Issues with Annette Falahey?

blakegman

HSC
N/A

kokodamonkey said:
i seemed to be the only one in my 8am stats tut that wanted to be there.. Atleast the tutor speaks english!!!! yay!!
Why would anyone want to be at an 8am stats tute.............

Your the weird one for wanting to be there, not them.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

amber44 said:
Has anyone done SCLG2609, Contemporary Cultural Issues with Annette Falahey?
fucking lol. i assume it'd be like all her other subjects. shit.

amber44

HSC

stazi said:
fucking lol. i assume it'd be like all her other subjects. shit.
ROFL, I'm sooo tempted. She has me under some sort of spell, where I'm constantly feeling sorry for her, plus, if it was anything like the media thing last semester, it should be easy.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

lol but you got a shit mark even though it was easy. as did i. do something interesting/beneficial instead.

like a black guy.

amber44

HSC

stazi said:
lol but you got a shit mark even though it was easy. as did i. do something interesting/beneficial instead.

like a black guy.
LOL true, although I'm meeting her on Wednesday to have a little chat about my mark. I soo wish our uni had is it Cambridge or one of those unis that has a review of each UOS. Picking subjects just by the titles is stupid!

idling fire

HSC

ZOMG Dynamics (AMME1550)!

Lecturer - stuck on fast forward. ("Oh, I must have been talking fast... We finished in half an hour.")
Subject - assuming we know things that a large enough population of us simply do not. (It's like we missed a whole maths/physics subject in the transition from yr 12 to uni...)
Tutors - try to be helpful, but it's a bit hard when people don't have a CLUE what they're doing. ("Didn't you do this at school?" "No." "Oh... well... you should have.")

Prediction = epic fail.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

Dynamics is a fucked up subject.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

amber44 said:
LOL true, although I'm meeting her on Wednesday to have a little chat about my mark. I soo wish our uni had is it Cambridge or one of those unis that has a review of each UOS. Picking subjects just by the titles is stupid!
lol each subject does have a paragraph long description online. also, i often contact lecturers for the outline, when i'm not sure whether or not i wanna choose the sub

amber44

HSC

stazi said:
lol each subject does have a paragraph long description online. also, i often contact lecturers for the outline, when i'm not sure whether or not i wanna choose the sub
"This unit will examine key issues and debates within current sociological writings on media in contemporary society. The tutorial discussions focus on media, including radio, film, television, video, print, news, current affairs programmes and advertising, all of which are considered in relation to media audiences. We will consider the research literature on the sociology of media in order to investigate methods of carrying out media research, particularly of media audience research. The aim is to encourage students to develop an informed understanding of media, including their own engagement with media in contemporary society, and to explore computer based technology as an educational tool for studying media in contemporary society."

SCLG2606 - media in contemporary society.

Does that relate to the actual course in any way?

Sorry Staz, it looks like I won't be able to do GCST3603 because it clashes with another SCLG subject I'm doing.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

yes, but annette also sucks balls, which is why it doesn't relate to her own write-up.

blakegman

HSC
N/A

The marketing research textbook is painfully boring.

lala2

Banned
HSC

I'm so tired and I need to get up for an 8am start. Apparently the prework I prepared for dispensing needs to be more complete and more presentable and I need to write up my method for med chem lab today. Argh. I think I'll just finish writing up my method and email it to my partner, then I'll do dispensing tomorrow.

But I am happy that I actually found time today to return books to the local library and borrow more music. And I was browsing SMH online and it seems Sydney's second Apple store is due to open very soon near me....which reminds me I need to make a trip to the one in the city just for the novelty of it.

amber44

HSC

Silver Persian said:
Amber what sociology subjects are you doiing? :)
SCLG2602
SCLG2609
SCLG2611

YAY for me. If anyone has any experience with the other subjects, PLEASE tell me.

EDIT: Although I'm also tossing up between,

SCLG2612 Self and Society
SCLG2621 Power, Politics and Society

HELP!

Last edited:
HSC

SCLG2611 is comparative social policy right?

It's alright...Jin is nice, and the assessment tasks are OK...but its a little bit dull :(

amber44

HSC

Silver Persian said:
SCLG2611 is comparative social policy right?

It's alright...Jin is nice, and the assessment tasks are OK...but its a little bit dull :(
Yeah, that's it, although it's comparative sociology of welfare states, don't know if you were meaning the same thing. I went to today's lecture and you really have to pay 100% attention because of his accent or you'll miss something. Dunno if I'm into it yet.
Anyone doing SCLG2621, please post the UOS outline, the lecturer won't give me a copy because I'm not enrolled in the unit, dick!

Last edited:

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC

Ohmygod. Saw Stas today.
Ewww. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)