Semester 2 Economics Subject Selection (1 Viewer)

YuMaNuMa

HSC
I'm really starting to stress over what subjects I should pick for semester 2. Here are the subjects I chose for Semester 1:

- ACCT1501
- ECON1202
- ECON1101
- ECON1203

For semester 2, I was settled on doing ECON1102, ECON1401, PHYS1160 and ECON2101 but I read on BoS that ECON2101 should be done in the 2nd year rather than the first, though no reason was provided. I'm assuming it's something to do with it clashing with Macro. As you can probably guess, I'm trying to boost my WAM, so I can have the choice of transferring into Eco/Comm or just straight Comm.

Is doing both Macro and Micro 2 a bad decision for someone who wants to boost their WAM? Are there any alternatives to the subjects above that's both relevant to my course and will likely boost my WAM?

WanWay

HSC
Macro is apparently a wam killer, there's not much you can really do to be honest besides working your butt off!
I am currently in the same position you are (in fact we're doing the same courses!), so from one brother to another, do well this semester since econ 1202, acct and APPARENTLY micro (i thoroughly disagree) are wam boosters.
tbh, there's not many subjects to boost your wam unless its heavily group based e.g. eng1100 (?) or if you hate people, math 1101 (essentially 2u and 3u), but phys1160 is definitely a booster!
Good luck in transferring :)

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Transfer to commerce. #Lovinlyf

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)