semester 2 timetables (1 Viewer)

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
ooer you're doing comp3615 waf? what are the pre-reqs for that? I was thinking of doing it but im not sure if i've done enough IT subjects.

That subject would make for an epic semester actually (2 exams, 1 of which will be worth 30%).

edit: btw did you do comp2007 last year?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
ooer you're doing comp3615 waf? what are the pre-reqs for that? I was thinking of doing it but im not sure if i've done enough IT subjects.

That subject would make for an epic semester actually (2 exams, 1 of which will be worth 30%).

edit: btw did you do comp2007 last year?
Only prereq is INFO3402 so you'll be sweet. Yeah did it last year, didn't pay particularly huge amount of attention to it but it was very similar to a lot of discrete maths/graph theory stuff.

lala2

Banned
HSC
aaaah 5 day week.. knew it was coming anyway LOL

That's alright. At least no nasty 3 hour breaks. Teamwork workshop for PHAR1821? What on earth is that I wonder? I see what they've done to calculus and stats. So they're actually splitting it into PHAR1822 and 2nd year PK subject. No chance of moving that 8am tute?

Here's mine, and it cannot be changed at all, even though there are classes it can be changed to (namely PHAR4622 tute can be moved to Monday before PHAR4616 so I'm not coming in only for 1.5 hours). Sigh. I think I'll have to wait for people to start moving their timetables around in order to move mine around.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
edit: to waf

ah excellent, this could be the answer to my clash dillemas (or i could drop another subject and get wednesdays off). Are the groups for comp3615 formed yet; have you had any meetings/formed groups and stuff yet i mean?

ledzeppelin

HSC
fucking lol at that timetable

I don't think I'm ever going to manage to get a 3 days/week semester :(

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
edit: to waf

ah excellent, this could be the answer to my clash dillemas (or i could drop another subject and get wednesdays off). Are the groups for comp3615 formed yet; have you had any meetings/formed groups and stuff yet i mean?
Nope, I think Geoffrey was encouraging us to start organising groups at his 'pizza party' after the last lecture for Projects but I had my meet and greet that afternoon. Speaking of which, is it just me or does the sample exam for that look deceptively easy?

opage

HSC
hey :)
does anyone know if LNGS1002 records lectures?? i'm doing it sem 2 and have a clash with one of that units lects and another units lecture and hoping that LNGS1002 records lectures so i don't have to change it to another elective altogether?

danz90

HSC
That's alright. At least no nasty 3 hour breaks. Teamwork workshop for PHAR1821? What on earth is that I wonder? I see what they've done to calculus and stats. So they're actually splitting it into PHAR1822 and 2nd year PK subject. No chance of moving that 8am tute?

Here's mine, and it cannot be changed at all, even though there are classes it can be changed to (namely PHAR4622 tute can be moved to Monday before PHAR4616 so I'm not coming in only for 1.5 hours). Sigh. I think I'll have to wait for people to start moving their timetables around in order to move mine around.
yeah they've integrated the maths components into PHAR1812 and PHAR1822, thats why my maths stuff (lectures + tute) is only until like wk4.

ur timetable looks great, but you are year 4 after all. did you ever get 3/4 day week timetables?

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Nope, I think Geoffrey was encouraging us to start organising groups at his 'pizza party' after the last lecture for Projects but I had my meet and greet that afternoon. Speaking of which, is it just me or does the sample exam for that look deceptively easy?
Nah that was for the isys3400 project (which i'm doing), which is similar but i think more geared towards (as the name implies) solving an information system problem...which is i'm guessing more interaction with databases, system/business analysis and stuff like that (read: easier). I think i'm going to enroll in comp3615 if they'll let me do 2 projects in one semester. Fuck, having only 2 exams (of which 1 will only be worth 30%) will be incredible...i'll be like an arts student for a semester woo.

As for the practice exam. It was alot different than i thought, far fewer calculations and far more reasoning/explanations. I really haven't studied much for it, but i think i'm settling into credit territory with the amount of effort i've put into it...most of my effort is going towards this elec subject the week after.

Actually now i think about it, with thesis next year, this will be the very last time i will have 4 exams in one semester.

Oh and yeah, off topic, but how did your meet and greet go? Which divisions did you preference?

lala2

Banned
HSC
yeah they've integrated the maths components into PHAR1812 and PHAR1822, thats why my maths stuff (lectures + tute) is only until like wk4.

ur timetable looks great, but you are year 4 after all. did you ever get 3/4 day week timetables?
Yep, year 2 sem 2, had every second Monday off. Most non-honours fourth years this sem got a day off, but I didn't because of my repeating subject. I'm actually surprised you managed to get away with a 4 day tt in first year...mine was horrible back in first year--morphed from like 10-5 on Mondays to 8-5 on Wednesdays and back down again on Fridays. Oh, and with massive 3 hour breaks.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Nah that was for the isys3400 project (which i'm doing), which is similar but i think more geared towards (as the name implies) solving an information system problem...which is i'm guessing more interaction with databases, system/business analysis and stuff like that (read: easier). I think i'm going to enroll in comp3615 if they'll let me do 2 projects in one semester. Fuck, having only 2 exams (of which 1 will only be worth 30%) will be incredible...i'll be like an arts student for a semester woo.

As for the practice exam. It was alot different than i thought, far fewer calculations and far more reasoning/explanations. I really haven't studied much for it, but i think i'm settling into credit territory with the amount of effort i've put into it...most of my effort is going towards this elec subject the week after.

Actually now i think about it, with thesis next year, this will be the very last time i will have 4 exams in one semester.

Oh and yeah, off topic, but how did your meet and greet go? Which divisions did you preference?
Pretty well, there were 5 telecomms positions and 8 software ones, with 9 applicants total. One table was the guys from the communications division who were talking about rolling out new radio system for the trains and their various monitoring systems for the tracks, then the other two were different people from the signals division software/testing divisons. I preferenced the latter and will hopefully find out whether I got it by the end of this week.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
whats the difference between the two?

this is the best i can get, without finishing at like 7pm.
They're both fairly distinct branches of maths. Stats is stuff like analysing distributions, calculating correlations and looking for trends, whereas discrete looks at sets, boolean algebra and some basic logic stuff. Neither is going to be more or less difficult than the other, and what you like will come down to personal preference (I really enjoyed discrete).

Kujah

HSC
N/A
All my tutes on a Monday. Might tamper with it later.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Pros: latest finish is 2pm; weird arrangement means I will only have approximately half my subjects on at any one time. No exams (I think) because prac will go over the sexam period. Get Tuesdays off. Start @ 11 on Mondays and Fridays.

Cons: 4 day week (not being a science kid, more than 3 days = frown). Arrangement is confusing and I forsee assessment organisation issues, BUT (see pros). 2 9am starts (meaning 6am wake up). Coming in for 2 hours on Fridays.

Overall it's OK.

UncoKane

Huzzah!
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh ok. I think ill sit out the first two weeks and see what i think.

try 8ams! also.. youll be in my chem lectures. so, hi
hahaha hey

which lectures did you have before... i had the 2pm ones

+ what's your name?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)