• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Semester I Chatter Thread (2007) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Re: Semester I 2007 - Chatter Thread!

kow_dude said:
actually... i just wanted to know how much Usyd wastes money on maintaining old sandstone buildings. So many facilities and classrooms are very old and should be smashed and replaced altogether.
Oh God yes. You have no idea how often I see massive scaffolds reparing the clearly dilapidated quadrangle, anderson stewart, physics, holme...well, all of science road, and all those colleges, plus the old teachers college. mmmhmm. it's occured a total of zero times.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

probably about half as much as they spend on trimming the quadrangles lawns

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

jb_nc said:
probably about half as much as they spend on trimming the quadrangles lawns
hahaha, or putting the rope up

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

what a vile waste of resources!

I don't see why you'd want to get rid of those buildings anyway. Either them, or the shithouse buildings you see at other universities around the place. I know which I picked...

stazi

Nightman
HSC

argh! this is so frustrating. I have a horrible assignment due tomorrow. Originally we had to hand in this same assignment, but now we have to make a 'resubmission' based on feedback received.

Problem: I didn't receive any feedback apart from 'excellent work!', as I got the highest mark in the assignment. However, if I hand in the same thing, I fail. If I simply rewrite a couple of paragraphs, I only get a pass. This is the best assignment i've ever written and it just sucks that I have to rewrite it again, knowing that I wouldn't realistically improve on any of the content

tlodg

HSC
N/A

marks aren't so well right now, kinda frustrating.. 58% for one that's worth A LOT and it's the ONLY assignment (before the final) in that unit
and 60% for something else
I am too demotivated these days and hardly studied. Hate this feeling that I got a bad result yet I cannot complain because I know I deserved it.. I hope it's not too late to save myself
as "bring me to life" lyrics put it, "save me from the nothing i've become..."

stazi

Nightman
HSC

hahah 58%? what's the other 2% for?

tlodg

HSC
N/A

stazi said:
hahah 58%? what's the other 2% for?
actually..it's not worth 58% (that would be hilarious!) it's worth 35%. I got 58/100 in the assignment and it's not like the average is low.

oppps not demotivated but UNmotivated!

btw how did your assignment go? do you think it turned out to be better than what you first submitted?.
.... i guess the purpose of this assignment is for people to learn how to compare with and challenge themselves rather than compete with others (which seems to be the convention) but if i were you i wouldn't know what to do either..

if i had to re-write i'd probably be more creative (yet some don't like 'creativity', they might think you're using words in the wrong places or trying to hide your lack of knowledge by using 'flowery' words when you're just trying to embellish it for novelty)

stazi

Nightman
HSC

tlodg said:
actually..it's not worth 58% (that would be hilarious!) it's worth 35%. I got 58/100 in the assignment and it's not like the average is low.

oppps not demotivated but UNmotivated!

btw how did your assignment go? do you think it turned out to be better than what you first submitted?.
.... i guess the purpose of this assignment is for people to learn how to compare with and challenge themselves rather than compete with others (which seems to be the convention) but if i were you i wouldn't know what to do either..

if i had to re-write i'd probably be more creative (yet some don't like 'creativity', they might think you're using words in the wrong places or trying to hide your lack of knowledge by using 'flowery' words when you're just trying to embellish it for novelty)
umm good question. I think it wasn't necessarily better, it was simply very different. Both have their merits, and I think I could maybe combine the points from both into a 3000 word paper. I'll probably get 8/10 for the resubmission.

I'm very anxious to find out my marks next week, though, for my other assignments.

HSC

It's kinda late for this now, but just wanted to say I got a distinction for my philosophy essay! :eek: <3 Reality.

tennille

HSC

melimoo said:
err i got 97% for my lab book???
hooray 5%
Lol. I better get top marks for my lab books. 2% ftw!

Biochemistry is cool because with many of the lab reports, it's pass/fail. So you are pretty much guaranted a full 4% for it.

Anyway:
Got a high distinction for my scientific report for BCHM3971 (8.25/9)
Got a high distinction for CHEM3912 report (17/20)
Got a credit for my CHEM3913 report (70%, but only 6 people got higher than me, lol).

aim54x

XccenTRiX
lost in the mists of time, shrouded by thought
HSC

you have to love PSYCH, well the first year quizzes, they used to take you best 5 form 7 and if u got more than 5/10 u got the whole 2% available for the quiz, so u were pretty much guarranteed to get the whole 10% available

i got my 3rd yr HPSC essay outline back, 62/100 but the only comments was "expand here", "more detail". It was a thesis paragraph and outline god dammit, wat am i meant to do? write my whole essay in 300 words?

My tutor said it was one of the better ones he had seen and would have given me a lot more, and suggested i challenge the mark (he did not mark mine, damn) but i cant be f*cked challenging it

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

I got 80 for my 35% ARPH essay, 80 for my 40% ANHS tute paper and 81 for my 20% HSTY essay. And the almost identical marks are sort of scaring me, because whenever I'm consistent it means that I'm about to come crashing down spectactularly.

The ANHS marker red-inked all over my essay with stuff like 'EVIDENCE?', 'in the 2nd cent!', 'Where? the reader needs to be able to check!!!', 'prove' and so on - all valid criticisms, because it wasn't really much of an essay - but then gave me a distinction. Go figure. Maybe he was hyped up on coffee or something.

HSC

Haha. For my phil essay, my tutor said that it was due to inexperience, that my arguments didn't follow all the time, but felt confident I would be a good philosopher. I lol'ed.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC

tennille said:
Lol. I better get top marks for my lab books. 2% ftw!

Biochemistry is cool because with many of the lab reports, it's pass/fail. So you are pretty much guaranted a full 4% for it.

Anyway:
Got a high distinction for my scientific report for BCHM3971 (8.25/9)
Got a high distinction for CHEM3912 report (17/20)
Got a credit for my CHEM3913 report (70%, but only 6 people got higher than me, lol).
bahaha my lab book was shocking!
copying calculations from my friend after the prac "i'll be there in a minute..."

U1A1 Continuous Assessment (/15): 9.6
(64%)
U2A1 Guinea Pig Ileum Report (/15): 11.4
(76%)
U6A1 Senses/Analgesia Quiz (/15): 12.5
(83%)
U3A1 Respiratory report (/10): 6.7
(67%)

+ other cbf finding
not tooooooooooooo bad...

stazi

Nightman
HSC

hawt. getting my 30% 400 page (sic) assignment back tomorrow.

tlodg

HSC
N/A

400 page!?!?!?

(i dont know what sic means)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)