Semester I Chatter Thread (2007) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Re: Semester I 2007 - Chatter Thread!

gelina said:
Hey.

She genuinely might not be able to speak fluent English...

Meanie.. :p
then why the hell is she doing law, a course that involves a billion pages of readings in English each day?

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC

breaks:

mon - 2-4

tues - 10-12 and 1-4

wed - 2-5

thurs - 1-2 and 3-4

any cool cats (ie, the ones i know and love) free in those times give me a call and we can go get our crunk on at manning or just have lunch or whatever.

thenothing

no member
HSC

hiphophooray123 said:
breaks:

mon - 2-4

tues - 10-12 and 1-4

wed - 2-5

thurs - 1-2 and 3-4

any cool cats (ie, the ones i know and love) free in those times give me a call and we can go get our crunk on at manning or just have lunch or whatever.
Crunk?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

For some reason one of the lecturers at the ancient history lecture today was giving out vouchers for free coffee at Ralph's. Are they enlisting academic staff for their promotional campaigns? Is a lecturer's pay that bad? (I managed to pick up three vouchers, though, so I'm set.)

I think I was only mildly affected by the Chatswood death. They just turned my limited stops service into an all-stations service between Penrith and Blacktown, but as the only stations in the middle are unpopular ones like Doonside and Rooty Hill it didn't become too crowded.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC

Umm anyone in ENGL1025....what the hell was that lecture about?

J

jhakka

Malfoy said:
Today was an experience. The Medieval Studies course I'm doing was tiny - there were only 17 (I think I counted correctly) people doing the entire course! It's so badly organised though - no reader, you have to go to special reserve every time you want something for each tute and photocopy, and not even a course outline printed out for us. So now I have no clue what to study or expect for the semester. Plus a different person takes each week, so there's not even continuity. I have no idea what the point of the course is! Based on today I don't recommend any of you Artsy types on here should take it.
God, that sounds like Associate Professor John Prior. I had him in first year. Bleh.

Libbster

HSC

I now love chem labs. I have an extremely hot lab supervisor :p

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

bazookajoe said:
Umm anyone in ENGL1025....what the hell was that lecture about?
hahahaha i know! i have a page full of half sentences that dont even make sense as my lecture notes lol. he said a lot of stuff about human relationships with technology, that's mainly what i got out of it.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

I too want to have sex with technology. I should meet your lecturer.

tennille

HSC

Libbster said:
I now love chem labs. I have an extremely hot lab supervisor :p
Wow, that's new. Usually they're a bunch of nerdy-looking deadshits. :p

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC

tennille said:
Wow, that's new. Usually they're a bunch of nerdy-looking deadshits. :p
haha ! i had a hot one last yr too!
all my demonstrators are girls this year so far. but they are very nice!
yay i get to wear labcoats! not keen on carrying it around every day though.
anyone know about how to get a locker?

gelina

HSC

^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
hahahaha i know! i have a page full of half sentences that dont even make sense as my lecture notes lol. he said a lot of stuff about human relationships with technology, that's mainly what i got out of it.
A whole lot of crap. Everyone around me was writing, while I was sitting there listening hard to try and understand him.

He made the lecture so engaging by reading off his notes.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

jhakka said:
God, that sounds like Associate Professor John Prior. I had him in first year. Bleh.
He's doing the same no-reader no-printed-outline thing in HSTY1022 as well. He's only giving us the primary sources for the tutes (well, by 'giving' I mean 'putting online without explanatory notes'), and we have to get the core secondary sources from special reserve. He's kidding himself.

Last edited:

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC

^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
I didn't understand how any of what he said had to do with the topic, except for those hopeless metaphors from 2001.
Then he started talking about ancient Rome and the first ever novels, :confused: :confused: :confused: The only thing I wrote down were those dates.
Does the resource book = readers that we get from copy centre? How much are they? Is there a long queue?

gelina

HSC

bazookajoe said:
I didn't understand how any of what he said had to do with the topic, except for those hopeless metaphors from 2001.
Then he started talking about ancient Rome and the first ever novels, :confused: :confused: :confused: The only thing I wrote down were those dates.
Does the resource book = readers that we get from copy centre? How much are they? Is there a long queue?
So true. yeah, I just wrote down dates, etc. But I swear, everyone I could see around me had a full page of writing.

The resource book most likely is the reader and is available from the Copy Centre for $13.50

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

bazookajoe said:
You haven't seen the queue? It's absurd! Also, my UoS outline says there should be lecture readings in the EDUF manual, but there's only seminar and tutorial readings! What an outrage!

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC

Nebuchanezzar said:
You haven't seen the queue? It's absurd! Also, my UoS outline says there should be lecture readings in the EDUF manual, but there's only seminar and tutorial readings! What an outrage!
Oh dammit :(

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC

Nebuchanezzar said:
What we all want to know, oh you formerly of Kensington having defected to Camperdown, is what you think of our humble abode?

stazi

Nightman
HSC

The queue can be beaten by paying for the notes online :)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

Co-op tip: Go after 6, it's open til 9 and there's no lines after 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)