Semester I Timetable (2006) (1 Viewer)

raspb3rry

♥♥♥
HSC
Tennille said:
The UOS code for Statistics is STAT2011, for example. So it should be in a similar form to that.
OK, I've done the above steps for my UOS. When I enter one of my UOS, a list of lecture times appear. How do I choose the session I want and for it to be entered into my timetable?

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
raspb3rry said:
How do I choose the session I want and for it to be entered into my timetable?
In short, you can't.

You don't even have a timetable yet.

And you don't have the ability to create one.

The timetabling people will get you a timetable by O week. If you are unhappy with it and want certain times off you can see them about it. Hopefully they'll be nice and accomodate your needs.

bubu

who said first years cant create a timetable

imao that it did take me a whole day to make a good one but ive got spare time anyway

here it goes

bubu

if u have spare time could someone check if their are any faults

my main aim was to get all the lectures before tutes

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
dz said:

youve got the wrong idea. you put all non-compulsory classes on the same day so or on days where you have not tutes. that way you can cut it down to 1 day a week instead of 3 or 4.

bubu

huh??? oh man ok i c i'll wait for another day until i begin makin a better suited one

and wat do u do at tutorials.. i thought it is when they go over the stuff in lectures and stuff... but i do intend to attend all lectures and tutorials

but thanks for the advice

back to square one

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
dz, don't forget the uni allocates u a timetable. so don't get ur hopes up too high.

admittingly, I did look at the timetabled units and it looks like I should get fridays off. if not, i'll request it. i'm only doing 15 hours a week, surely I can get a day off.

tennille

HSC
dz said:

The tutorials for MATH1002 start in week one and will go over all the stuff you've learnt in that week. The tutorials for MATH1001 will start in the second week, so you learn all the stuff from the previous weeks. No matter what tutorial you go to, you won't be disadvantaged in any way, regardless of when your lectures are.

niteshade1312

HSC
I need to work around a Tuesday afternoon, but what if my lectures are on then and I can't obviosuly move lectures..?

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
dz said:
who said first years cant create a timetable
Nobody said first year students can't create timetables.

In fact, no undergrad student can create a timetable completely. You could get a more reasonable timetable, but you do not have the ability to create one.

Although the timetabling guys did basically ask me which tutorials I wanted to attend, for certain subjects, after they saw my load for semester 2 last year. But most of the classes had only one timeslot anyway.

Hopefully this year without overloading, I can try to use the excuse of some TSP project to get the timetable of choice. Although most of the classes are structured that there are only two timetables that I can have without clashes, and both satisfy my needs.

Ironically, none of the subjects I'm thinking of doing so far have classes on Friday. So it looks like I will get a day off, although I do get two very packed days and an additional packed day every second week. I suppose it was even worse last year, except for the fact that I didn't bother to turn up to a lot of the classes anyway. But I do prefer spaced out days to hang around with friends during breaks. Unless everyone has Friday off.

Last edited:

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
grk_styl said:
dz, don't forget the uni allocates u a timetable. so don't get ur hopes up too high.

admittingly, I did look at the timetabled units and it looks like I should get fridays off. if not, i'll request it. i'm only doing 15 hours a week, surely I can get a day off.

yeah yeah u can definitely get a day off.....n i think u will...its true that the uni allocates ur timetable but you can always change it according to when/which days u wanna go2 uni.....:)

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
gordo said:
u'll find you'll miss 90% of your 8am lectures

No you won't. I didn't miss a single 8am lecture last year. and I catch a train from around Lidcombe.

dz: if u can don't leave so many breaks in your timetable. u'll hate it after a while.

Changing timetable is pretty easy. I made around 5 changes last semester at madsen and had no problems. Perhaps some of those guys working there are meanies:eek: (btw the guy who changed my tt was my SOFT1901 Tutor in 1st sem)

Last edited:

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
isn't that one of those things u say and then realise u just said it out loud?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I'm pretty sure I can organise my fridays in such a way that I have 1 lecture max on them, and that subject I'm considering dropping anyway. So woohoo day off :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)