Semester One Results/Predictions (1 Viewer)

Gold Lion

HSC
This is so frustrating. I ran first year office for math today to ask about whether I'm going to get a PC or not and the lady was like "Sorry, because of the ban, they wouldn't have calculated that yet" and I'm like "well when will I know?" and she's like "I really don't know"

I have job commitments and the good class tutes are filling up fast so why the hell do I have to wait, this is so bullshit, couldn't they take their ban a different time?
FML

random-1006

Banned
HSC
This is so frustrating. I ran first year office for math today to ask about whether I'm going to get a PC or not and the lady was like "Sorry, because of the ban, they wouldn't have calculated that yet" and I'm like "well when will I know?" and she's like "I really don't know"

I have job commitments and the good class tutes are filling up fast so why the hell do I have to wait, this is so bullshit, couldn't they take their ban a different time?
FML

lol, you have no idea what the purpose of a strike is. Its meant to piss people off, however, in this case they are pissing the wrong people off

Last edited:

random-1006

Banned
HSC
Really? How did they get their marks?
I called up the Student Services and they said we couldn't get them.

I wanna know if law's gonna fuck up my distinction average (which I'm sure it will).

lol, first semester subjects only count for 5% of your overall WAM ( im pretty sure from memory) , they give you some time to adjust to uni environment, man i love all you 4 unit tryhard asains that stress about " have i got a distinction or a high distinction", you are just meant to pass your first semester subjects, anything else is a bonus

niloony

HSC
lol, first semester subjects only count for 5% of your overall WAM ( im pretty sure from memory) , they give you some time to adjust to uni environment, man i love all you 4 unit tryhard asains that stress about " have i got a distinction or a high distinction", you are just meant to pass your first semester subjects, anything else is a bonus
This depends on the course your doing. Fairly sure commerce since its 3 years without honours has it fairly evenly balanced accross. Though employers do look at individual subject marks to. So as long as you do well in whats relevant they don't pay that much attention to the rest.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC

FML
u can just calculate it yourself lol...

random-1006

Banned
HSC

maybe you would need the actual final exam mark to do that. DUUUUUHHHHHH???

shame 4 unit maths doesnt make you smart, god!

you can crunch all the numbers in the world, but when it comes down to common sense you fail, big time. LOL, what are going to do with an advanced maths degree, sit in a room all day crunching numbers, yeh, its a very practical degree, its lucky they dont put some really basic common sense questions in maths papers, you know, to weed out the tryhard asians.

Last edited:

shaon0

HSC
They scale all the marks apparently so u'd need raw data.
Alternatively, you could ask the Lecturer in Charge for your marks. I'm sure they'd be happy to give them out.

Gold Lion

HSC
They scale all the marks apparently so u'd need raw data.
Alternatively, you could ask the Lecturer in Charge for your marks. I'm sure they'd be happy to give them out.

It's not the mark I'm concerned about, it's my grade.. Hoping for PC

shinn

HSC
I'm pretty sure PC is awarded according to an algorithm that depends on your overall WAM / term WAM.

The UNSW concession algorithm comprise the following rules:
1. An undergraduate student is entitled to the award of Conceded Pass on a mark returned by the course authority between 46 and 49 inclusive, provided any of the following four conditions hold
(a) The mark is 48 or 49 and the student’s session WAM is at least 53, or
(b) The mark is 46 or 47 and the student’s session WAM is at least 55, or
(c) The student’s cumulative WAM prior to the start of the current session is at least 55, or
(d) The student is a potential graduand.

2. A returned grade of UF cannot be turned into PC

Last edited:

Revacious

o-o
HSC
N/A
shame 4 unit maths doesnt make you smart, god!
you seem to resent people who did 4 unit a lot; wonder where all the pent up rage is coming from? Also, your phys 1121 mark is shit and so are your hsc maths marks. Actually all your marks are shit, god knows why you would advertise such a filthy beacon of failure every time you post.

tryhard asians.
Ive seen you type this a lot as well. I bet you tried a hell of a lot harder than I did lol.

Chelseafc65

HSC
So does UNSW have different weightings for the different years regarding overall WAM upon graduation? Someone in this thread said 1st year is 5% but I haven't seen anything on the handbook regarding that for B Econ. Sounds plausible since they do this in the UK, hopefully someone familiar this our system can clarify!

random-1006

Banned
HSC
you seem to resent people who did 4 unit a lot; wonder where all the pent up rage is coming from? Also, your phys 1121 mark is shit and so are your hsc maths marks. Actually all your marks are shit, god knows why you would advertise such a filthy beacon of failure every time you post.

Ive seen you type this a lot as well. I bet you tried a hell of a lot harder than I did lol.

first of all i did 1131, and yes I will admit its not a very good mark, but thats the problem with 90% of the people on this site, you think marks are absolutely everything. everyone that did 4 unit maths automatically thinks their a mad cunt, when I have shown, numerous times, that alot of 4 unit people would fail the subject called common sense. WOW, you can crunch numbers, are you good for anything else??

Revacious

o-o
HSC
N/A
So does UNSW have different weightings for the different years regarding overall WAM upon graduation? Someone in this thread said 1st year is 5% but I haven't seen anything on the handbook regarding that for B Econ. Sounds plausible since they do this in the UK, hopefully someone familiar this our system can clarify!
Not entirely sure, but I think theres two systems. CSE WAM and regular WAM.

I think you are probably going to get a regular WAM, so each year is unweighted.

random-1006 said:
*rubbish snipped to conserve space*
Marks are not everything, you would be correct in saying that. But then you go around telling someone about how easy it is to get > 50? Do you not see the irony or do i have to write you a poem or something? I did 4 unit and I dont think im a "mad cunt", in fact I think im pretty shit at maths and dont even get me started on physics. I reckon i got less than 20% in the physics final (which makes me wonder about your raw mark lol); im shit and I know it. But me being shit is not the problem here. The problem here is that you're the one thinking you are the hero of the academic world(98% in 2 unit, genius!) and touting about how much common sense and shit you have. Not much actually fatty.

random-1006 said:
Get stuff asian tryhard cunt
neg rep me all you want, but dont forget to leave more juicy nuggets of wit like this for my own pleasure!

Last edited:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
lol@'utryhardasiansonlythinkaboutmarks' to 'omg how can u get below 50 in 1131'

To respond to the queries in this thread -

1. WAM weightings depend on the faculty/school. Engineering as far as I know goes by 10/20/30/40 weightings.

2. PC's are given based on WAM, if you're below a threshhold, even with 49 you will NOT pass.

3. There will ALWAYS be idiots like random in Uni, just ignore them. I myself know quite a few people that talk shit about others whilst making the 'if I studied I would've done better' excuse. I'd normally actually accept their excuse if they've excelled in one subject, which random here clearly hasn't, so any further comments by him should be rendered void.

Gold Lion

HSC
lol@'utryhardasiansonlythinkaboutmarks' to 'omg how can u get below 50 in 1131'

To respond to the queries in this thread -

1. WAM weightings depend on the faculty/school. Engineering as far as I know goes by 10/20/30/40 weightings.

2. PC's are given based on WAM, if you're below a threshhold, even with 49 you will NOT pass.

3. There will ALWAYS be idiots like random in Uni, just ignore them. I myself know quite a few people that talk shit about others whilst making the 'if I studied I would've done better' excuse. I'd normally actually accept their excuse if they've excelled in one subject, which random here clearly hasn't, so any further comments by him should be rendered void.
My WAM is 65.5 and my maths mark was 47. Am I guaranteed one because at the moment im only enrolled in 1231 and it will probably be too late for me to enroll in 1131 if they don't tell me soon if I get a PC

Seriously someone just tell me what the hell I should do??? What should I enroll in and wtf am I attending this week???

shinn

HSC
Yes, your term WAM qualifies you to get PC according to the unsw concession algorithm. You should just attend MATH1231 classes, if you are really worried you should go to the math student centre in person or talk to the lecturer in charge of MATH1231.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)