SENIOR GEOGRAPHY PROJECT (sgp) help plox (1 Viewer)

3Lachlan2

HSC
can u guyz who have already done prelim give examples of what they did, i need influences. if ur doing senior geography now or have done or know anyway plz reply. :)

student6625

HSC
I remembering doing a survey within my neighbourhood on environmental awareness. I included questions such as what types of heaters so they use, what form of transport they normally use, whether they turn off their electrical appliances when they're not using them, whether they recycle etc. It's not really that sophisticated at all, but I still got a pretty good mark in the end.

3Lachlan2

HSC
I remembering doing a survey within my neighbourhood on environmental awareness. I included questions such as what types of heaters so they use, what form of transport they normally use, whether they turn off their electrical appliances when they're not using them, whether they recycle etc. It's not really that sophisticated at all, but I still got a pretty good mark in the end.
i see why you did that, but is there any other way that doesnt involve dealing with neighbours who dont want anything to do with such questions....? lol

nevery

HSC
I did an urban study on Rhodes for my SGP. I tried to do a survey, as it is recommened for primary research. However, due to the demographics of the area not many people were willing to take the survey. So I couldn't do the survey (ok, perhaps I didn't try very hard, but still) so I mentioned in my SGP that the mere fact that it was difficult to do the survey in Rhodes proves my point and other data that Rhodes has changed to a more upper-class area.

So for me, no survey and I got 38/40. :)

If you're doing something similar to what I did I can send you some notes if you want. I've got census information etc.

Also, remember to refer your primary case study to another case study of a similar nature in another area. I did this second one on the Melbounre 2030 project.

student6625

HSC
i see why you did that, but is there any other way that doesnt involve dealing with neighbours who dont want anything to do with such questions....? lol
Some other guy in my class who got full marks did something on testing for acidic stuff or pollution or whatever in a lake/stream or whatever it was. Sorry, I can't even explain it properly since it's just too sciency and complicated. You should only do it if you can be bothered. I know I certainly couldn't.

chocolatemilkk

HSC
i was thinking of doing similar to the water thing, wondering if there is any ideas of what primary research he did? like the process and what data did he collect?

beaky212

HSC
If you did end up doing water collection, what was your question based around because I want to do that I just don't know that to test / base it on

BenHowe

HSC
Uni Grad
I did a survey of 5 firms without the blue mountains to assess the impact of tourism on the microeconomyv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)