* senior geography project (1 Viewer)

miss_pinkii

HSC
h i . . .

im currently doing my SGP but im having some trouble . i've written my survey that im going to hand out to people, but im not sure what is the best way to collect the completed surveys ? ?

does anyone have any ideas?

what have people done in the past?

thaaanks

natalie

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
why dont you try and type your survey onto ur comp....if u did then u should send some surveys to ur friends via email or if the surveys dont take long then they should do it on the spot
hope this helps

miss_pinkii

HSC
basically im doing my survey on multiculturalism in Ashfield . . so onli pplz in Ashfield should do it .... ! !

i think i'll just put my survey in their letterbox and knock on their doors like a week later .. and DEMAND they give back my completed survey ! ! ! >.< i dunt no .... will it work ?!?!?! -________-'

thanx neway .. :D

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
when i did my surveys i wrote on the accompaning letter if they could please leave the surveys in their mail box on a particular day. i said that if they missed that date they could put it in the letterbox on the second collection date. i got a return rate of 50% which apparantly is really good...

miss_pinkii

HSC
W O W .. u got such a good return on ur surveys .. *envy*

im not sure how to make my SGP more .. errm .. geographical ?!?!

>.<

jesster88

HSC
miss_pinkii said:
W O W .. u got such a good return on ur surveys .. *envy*

im not sure how to make my SGP more .. errm .. geographical ?!?!

>.<

You could look more at the population trends in the area between say 1901 and 2000 and beyond and see how urban geographical processess have influenced the population you can still tie in points about multiculturalism through immigration but you can also add more in also refering to age demographics and things.

Also you could make reference to suburbanisation and its affects on a community.

See how you go ...

With your surveys im not sure i jsut approached people in parks (as i was doing mine in parks) and asked them to fill in a survey about that particular park and the local area

Good luck

Jess

more_friendly

HSC
man im doing my sgp now and its like due on monday lol..we have had all year on it!!...but yeh i think everybody in my class is guna fail it..sadly lol..i have lots of info buit i dont know how to write lol..im soo useless!!
i wanna drop geo this year, but then i wont have 12 units..do you think it would be a good idea?

still waiting

HSC
if ur failing geography then drop it that way you can spend more time and focus on your other subjects as youll know you have to pass them.......
btw what are you doing for your sgp?

SW0502

HSC
I did surveys for my SGP to basically what i did was went round and asked people if they would fill it out and if they didnt want to could they leave it on their doorstep so i could collect it that arvo. Suprisingly it worked really well just about everyone either did it then or left it on the doorstep which was suprising. All probably depends on the length of ur survey i guess (mine was about 4pgs)
you could also give them envelopes wit the stamps already on them adressed to ur school so they could send them to the school but i reckon thats a waste of money also its too unpredictable. anyway good luck

borkis04

You have been blocked.
Arse of the World, Syd being the arsehole :D
HSC
well i did my SGP last year...did it the night before...admittedly up all night the ngiht before but got 75% for it....didnt do any surveys or anyhting...but now...thiking in heinsight...i wish i put more time into it and did a proper job...im now concentrating on failing my HSC and not dwelling on the past... :p
good luck everyone for anything...you will need it!

Captain Charism

HSC
I just got my marks back from my SGP and overall I got 95.9%.

I didnt put as much effort into it as I should've, but I was really suprized I got that mark.

As with the questionaires, I just sent to them to friends on MSN and they sent it back. Simple as that.

The SGP is easy, I took me overall about 10 hours to do, and I had 2 terms to do it :).

JP@Oak

HSC
I did my SGP last year and got 99% for it (lost a damn mark in the begining hand up for not using a ruler on the map) but the best advice is do it early and choose something that interests you no matter what and just twist it to make it sound geographical. I did the role of wetlands in urban areas and the extent to which people knew about their functioning.

As for the survey I gave them to students and teachers at my school and got them to do it on the spot or give it to me later. I also put them in etterboxes in my neighbour hood. I got them to put it in my mail box when they finished. I got a return rate of about 80%. I had a letter with saying what it was for and that if they returned it it would greatly help me.

Good luck to all those who have to do their SGP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)