Senior Knowledge (1 Viewer)

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Jachie said:
I have a question: in senior years, do you still use exercise books, or would you reccommend having one notebook where you write all your notes in for the day and can later rip the pages and place them into subject-designated folders?
Personally I got sick of using exercise books at the start of year 11, because it all gets into a big mess - sheets everywhere, sheets scrunched up, pages ripped, graphiti...so I experimented using folders and A4 sheets, because i've seen so many students use this method.

At first I stuffed up completely, I lost 2 folders with all my notes in it, and I just didn't know how to file/organise the A4 sheets at school and at home. But throughout the year, I eventually got the hang of it and I started to organise myself better using dividers, labelling etc. And I eventually realised that it's much easier to write your notes and organise them using A4 sheets and allocated folders.

What I did was: use two folders to take to school (one for all your non-maths/practical subject, and the other for your maths/practical subject) and write all the notes that you do in class and keep the A4 sheets inside your folder. At the end of the week, eg: friday or weekend, take your class notes in your school folders and read over them, and then file them in your subject-designated folders (those great big black manila folders) at home - on the topic, you might want to get a cheap bookshelf as well, that helps.

In your subject-designated folders keep two separate sections in it (separated by a divider):
1) Your study notes
2) Your class notes

Personally this way was the easiest way to get myself on the path in getting organised. It was bloody hard.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Thank you so much. I'm really not the "exercise book" kind of girl (even in Years 9 and 10, I gave up on them start of Term 2 and just start writing all my notes in my Science book, hahaha) so I'm thinking I might give the folder thing a try. That's what Year 11 is about, after all. Experimenting different things to find out what works best for you.

Thanks again for the responses. :)

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
OMgosh for exams, ALWAYS CHECK THE PAGES ESPECIALLY THE BACK PAGES, this has happened to me so many times...in PE we were doing our yearlies, the teacher didn't tell us the format or give reading time or anything, so I did the 50+ multiple questions went 'lol, that was easy, so much time left' so I check my m/c only to realise with 10 mins left I had (don't know how I could have missed it) not turned over the pages and completely missed and realised were short answer questions, so you panic, try and scribbled everything you know that answers any question you know in the adrenalin rush. Then again I did come first.

In chem you get a periodic table on the back of the exam, which I like most people pull off, half way through the exam someone realised there were questions on the back of the periodic table. I glad they picked it up coz I probs wouldn't have.

This happened in maths too, almost missed a complete page, which is a lot harder to do when you panicked and usually it's the hard questions that come last.

To sum up: always check every page even if they don't give you reading time unless your like a person who doesn't miss a thing, then go straight though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)