Senior Science - Exam Thoughts (1 Viewer)

ChrissyGirl2007

Vivimus Vivamus
HSC
KaLibuR said:
For the graph I did a column graph. The x-axis was already labeled, and i worked out that 4 columns clumped together left 1 box between clump. I did BPM along the y-axis.

For each student I did a different box decoration (one had lines, one was filled in, etc). There is no right and wrong answer, as long as you picked one that was relevant (e.g. you didn't pick a pie graph or something stupid like that) and you graphed it according to the table.
i did a line graph. but with for separate lines.
thats how it is in my textbook

ChrissyGirl2007

Vivimus Vivamus
HSC
soccerchic07 said:
And for any of you who did the option disasters, i found that option exceptionally difficult, especially determining the distance of the earthquake and the first hand investigation. So people please tell me if you feel the same...thanks
i got confused with the epicentre thing because i was looking at it the hard way. it was really simple.

Time X Speed= Distance

The earthquake hit at 10:30am

p waves travel at 9km/s they were recorded at 10:32am so...

2 X 9 = 18(km)

i cant remember the other values but then you averaged them and got 17.5km.. so thats how far away it was.

soccerchic07 said:
Also, the question asking to label part x was a bit tricky. At first i thought it was cartilage but the arrow was pointing inside the bone, whereas cartilage is attached to the outside. Because of this, i labelled part x as synovial fluid.

gahhh don't tell me i screwed up! i thought it was cartilage! :eek:

soccerchic07 said:
The graph was also a bit weird, i did a line graph...i hope its right.
thats what i did. with 4 lines.

soccerchic077

HSC
for the disasters question, the speed of the waves as given in km/second, therefore u had to change 2 minutes to 120 seconds and then multiply that by 9, to get 1080km. Well thats wat i did lol...wat did ppl do for their first hand investigation in disasters?

JBALECH

HSC
WOREST
SCIENCE
EXAM
EVER.

I Hope whoever rote it ..
feels guilty.

gosh .
wata waste of a year.

Iridescent

HSC
I found parts of it quite difficult.
I've always been topping the class and I can honestly say when I walked into that exam, it felt like I wasn't as prepared as I had been for the Half Yearlys or the Trials...but anyway.
There defintely were loads of unexpected questions in that exam.
I'd been studying the history of pacemakers/artificial valves and trying to memories two Australian Natural disasters....and they didn't even ask for them.

The Alveoli question threw me off. I wrote something about surface tension and made something up with the smoking thing... :\

And opps. I guess I got the Earthquake Epicenter thing wrong.

And the Graph......I won't expose exactly how I completed that graph, but the bottom line confused me so I'm definitely losing all the marks on that question.
Let's just say I did neither a column or a line graph. Haha. Ohh...nerves can screw you up.

What experiment did people do in the Disasters option to test the articles claims? :s

Argh. I won't be suprised if I get a mark that is lower then my usual marks for Senior Science.
I feel like I'm completely failing already : [

jackbbhs

HSC
KaLibuR said:
Hmm seems mixed emotions regarding the exam. What did everyone do for the bone labelled x? Perhaps I just assumed it was pointing to the cartilledge because of the next question.

And I agree with the Preservatives & Additives questions, really stupid. I buffed up on different methods of preservation, and how they preserve and memorised stomach bugs that can be caused if food isn't preserved properly, and I was unable to use most of it. Aargh! :mad: lol
I put cartilage also. Pretty certain its correct. :santa:

tinalum

HSC
hey..snr science exam had some tricky bits to it...im pretty sure that for teh alveoli quesiton we werent meant to talk bout cohesion and adhesion, as the next question gave a hint, which was the surfactant...as they reduce surface tension by interfering with cohesion...
i know i made 3 stupid mistakes..

yinyin

HSC
N/A
soccerchic077 said:
for the disasters question, the speed of the waves as given in km/second, therefore u had to change 2 minutes to 120 seconds and then multiply that by 9, to get 1080km. Well thats wat i did lol...wat did ppl do for their first hand investigation in disasters?
some answer for the epicentre..
first hand invesigation, build a module, 1wif leaf litter, one with out... cal how long to burn. damn, forgot to mention variables. shit~

deadkenedy

HSC
N/A
ChrissyGirl2007 said:
gahhh don't tell me i screwed up! i thought it was cartilage! :eek:
Pretty sure it was cartilage. Besides what device replaces synovial fluid ? Exactly.

stephriella

HSC
skhan123 said:
It was OK. not too bad. there was a couple of questions that were never taught to me i.e. the alveoli and modulation questions. The disasters questions werent so great either. In senior Science we learn so much and then they put in the most far out random questions that barely even test everything we have learnt. That was worst written exam i have ever done. BOS are trying be funny or something???

i totally agree ..
they threw in so much random stuff
disasters sucked also... that experiment we had to make up omg !
lets just hoped i passedd

l.k

HSC
yes it definetly did have some random questions. omg for disasters. how were we ment to get the distance of the earthquake.
And that first hand investigation. Most people in my class did the syllabus point for flammability of dry and fresh leaves- i can't believe i forgot to do that

highschool07

HSC
hey guys...
i hated the test..i was sooo confident when i first entered the exam..and thennn i was totally schoked..cant believe they stuffed us up like that...
it was the hardest exam ever...and there was alot of questions with lots of marks...different then the previous years...but i guess if every1 didnt do that well they have to scale us up? right?

Last edited by a moderator:

flamelily23

HSC
same here i was so shocked and in our class of 21 girls almost half left the first hour then in about 2:30 we were abt 5 or 6

but anyway its their future

i thought snior science was tricky and confusing especially that question about the alveoli in the section 2 it confused me

i hope i passed :confused::confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)