Sense and Sensibility: Tanya Plibersek (1 Viewer)

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Sense and Sensibility: Tanya Plibersek
Source: AFR
Julia Gillard all but anointed Tanya Plibersek as a future Labor leader on her way out the door. If and when the time comes, will the Member for Sydney have what it takes. Tanya Plibersek work days begin at 5.30 am and end at 9.30pm- or later, including when she appears on ABC TV’s Q and A, where she established herself as a Q and A queen to George Brandis’s black knight. No slouch himself in debating, the Attorney General tells me he fins the Member for Sydney among his more challenging and combative- adversaries. “Q and A has been really important to me” Plibersek says. “It’s been a way for people to get to know me because you get to speak in sentences, not sound bites. This allows whoever is appearing on the panel to show a little bit of thoughtfulness, which is a good antidote to the five second grab discipline people are trying to impose on the political conversation today.”

Tanya Joan Plibersek, born to Slovenian immigrant parents on December 2, 1969, three years to the day, before Gough Whitlam led Labor out of the wilderness, thereby ending 23 years of conservative rule. Plibersek is potentially a future prime minister and a potential leader of the Australian Labor party. We use the word “potentially” because politics is a precarious business; just ask Malcolm Turnbull or Kevin Rudd or Julia Gillard. But it is at least possible, even conceivable that the member for Sydney has further to rise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)