Sentence or point form? (1 Viewer)

BlueGiraffe

HSC
Hey all, do you know if we are best to answer the bio exam with full sentences or in point form?

adnan91

HSC
BlueGiraffe said:
Hey all, do you know if we are best to answer the bio exam with full sentences or in point form?
Depends i guess. But dot point is easier to understand and mark. I usually end up using both.

dolbinau

HSC
I've never heard of people using point form. Would you do it for the 8 mark questions to? I personally wouldn't do it.

BlueGiraffe

HSC
Ok cool, see I'm really not a science person- much more at home in humanities, and so I want to write in sentence form (also helps disguise I don't know what I'm talking about). But people having been saying that point form is the only way to answer. But I think a combination is good.

forkyspoony18

HSC
BlueGiraffe said:
Probably doesn't matter too much, unless the verb is 'discuss' or 'evaluate' or 'analyse' because i don't know how you could answer those types of questions using dot points and get full marks.

Azurie

HSC
BlueGiraffe said:
Ok cool, see I'm really not a science person- much more at home in humanities, and so I want to write in sentence form (also helps disguise I don't know what I'm talking about). But people having been saying that point form is the only way to answer. But I think a combination is good.
Yeah I prefer sentence, but with space limitaitons maybe point form would be a better approach, im not sure

BlueGiraffe

HSC
Yeah I also wonder how stict they are on space limitations. I went to a seminar once and the presenter marked the HSC and said that they don't mark ANYTHING outside the lines, but I've heard other markers say that they mark what you have written and its OK to have little stars and arrows, so I really don't know what to do. I don't want bio to come :( I think this subject might ruin my UAI.

Azurie

HSC
BlueGiraffe said:
Yeah I also wonder how stict they are on space limitations. I went to a seminar once and the presenter marked the HSC and said that they don't mark ANYTHING outside the lines, but I've heard other markers say that they mark what you have written and its OK to have little stars and arrows, so I really don't know what to do. I don't want bio to come :( I think this subject might ruin my UAI.
On the example band5/6 answers I have viewed, some go over the lines but only by 1 or 2, just try to be specific,

Shadose

Enjoy Life
HSC
They mark anything you write down. Maybe they just want you to be specific.

nottellingu

HSC
It really depends on a question. Some questions need you to cover a certain few points so it might be safer to write ur answer as dot points to make sure the marker doesnt miss it. Underline key terms in your answers ALWAYS :hammer:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)