Serbia Won Eurovision (1 Viewer)

BritneySpears

Banned
HSC
LOL i didnt realize that u guys r watching the programme on SBS.

Yes I am 1/6th serbian 1/6th croat 1/6th Poles 1/6th jewish 1/6th hungarian 1/6th slovene. To sum up its called yugoslav.

Please don't use the term Gypsy its racist and derogatory. its banned in the EU.

T

trolloutaface

Captain Gh3y said:
okay, so maybe the shouting and anger are proof that she IS serbian
lol I'm just impatient.

BritneySpears (lol nice username btw), are u serbian??

EDIT:
BritneySpears said:
LOL i didnt realize that u guys r watching the programme on SBS.

Yes I am 1/6th serbian 1/6th croat 1/6th Poles 1/6th jewish 1/6th hungarian 1/6th slovene. To sum up its called yugoslav.
oh okay, cool :)

BritneySpears

Banned
HSC
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=eurovision

Western Europeans are not too happy that all the top 10 are from Eastern Europe except turkey

"Euro-Farce", "East-Vision" and "Mafia"

maltastar.com team 12 May 2007

The Eurovision semi-final not only didn't go down well with the Maltese, but media from eliminated countries called the spectacle “a Euro-Farce”, “Mafia” and “East-Vision”.

Many big guns, including Switzerland, Netherlands and Norway were eliminated in the semi-final as the media from the eliminated countries plead with the organisers, the European Broadcasting Union, to change the unjust format.

The Cyprus Mail reported that “the blocking of Eastern Europe worked perfectly once again” while the Icelandic media blasted the East European countries for their “bloc vote”.

Icelandic contestant Eirikkur Hauksson fumed: “I will never participate in the Eurovision again after this.”

Icelandic media RUF reported that Hauksson branded the Eurovision “Mafia”and that the competition was “bought” by the Eastern countries.

The other eliminated participants from North Europe, Denmark and Norway, were also vocal in their anger of the the lack of Westerners who qualified to the finals.

Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet reports of a storm of reactions from the television viewers in the three Scandinavian countries, stating that something has to be done about the eastern dominance.

Edsilia Rombley fumed: "We had one of the best acts and we should have been in the final. But when you see that only East Bloc countries are advancing, what can you do?"

"After the seventh finalist was announced, I just didn't have any hope anymore," she said on Thursday evening after the semi-final.

"Everyone I thought was good did not advance. We just looked at each other and laughed in the end." The singer says many Western European participants came to her and said it was unfair that she had not been chosen. "None of them wants to take part again next year."

The Dutch Press hailed the performance of their package, but seriously questioned the fairness of the competition.

A Dutch Radio station reported: “The outcome, which saw none of the semi-finalists from the west of Europe make their way into the final has again famed the flames of an ongoing discussion - perhaps complaint would be a more apt term - about the centre of balance in this 51-year-old event”

Dutch newspaper Telegraaf reported that it is “disappointing” that the solid Dutch entry didn’t qualify and that “‘it’s rather notable that [only] nine eastern European countries and Turkey managed to get enough votes from the public”.

Swiss TV reported that the result was “unfair” and “frustrating” while Austrian newspapers demanded a review calling the Eurovision “unbalanced”.

Belgium e-newspaper Belgovision reported that it is quite surprising that only Eastern European countries managed to qualify for the finals.
http://www.maltastar.com/pages/msFullArt.asp?an=12052

I dont know why they bother. They did not even take it as serious as eastern europeans.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
wtf... turkey isnt even european

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
You don't have to be European to be part of Eurovision. You just have to be part of the Eurovision Broadcasting Network or something, which includes most of North Africa as well. Algeria, Egypt and Morocco could participate if they wanted to.

I didn't see what was so great about the Dutch entry that merited it going through.

BritneySpears

Banned
HSC
jb_nc said:
wtf... turkey isnt even european
Istanbul or Constantinople is in European part of Turkey :D

More asian countries are poised to join such as Ajerbaijan, Kazakhstan and maybe lebanon etc.

blahmeh

HSC
well, turkey cam 4th woot woot!

even though they're song was shitty.

*Minka*

HSC
On a SERIOUS note, I thought last years Eurovision was much better with a much better top two. Wasn't really a fan of the Serbian entry and preferred Russia and Ukraine. (I am Yugoslav as well).

And to address other concerns - we have sexy accents, DON'T use the word Gypsy as it is the European equivilivant to 'Nigger' really, they always vote for their best buddies don't they?

*Minka*

HSC
Oh and if I can just pick on one more thing - Macedonia's song has such stupid lyrics, but with the phrase 'edna duša balkanska' (one balkan soul) in there it is not easy to see how it got into the final on the back of regional voting.

I also mention it because maybe I am imagining this, but I swear there is a rule saying you can't mention countries/regions in the song. (Which is why Ukraine was controversial as they apparently sung 'Russia Goodbye' in theirs).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)