serious help needed... (1 Viewer)

hmmmm...

angel01
HSC
hey i was wondering if anyone could give me any help on my english assignment.. the question is(from a past hsc paper):

"More than anything else, physical journeys are about the interpretation of the new."

"Do you agree?argue your point of view."

We have to use 4 texts, 1 prescribed (rabbit proof fence), 1 out of the stimulus booklet (the road not taken) and atleast 2 other related texts of our choice.

im a bit unsure of two other texts that link to rabbit proof fence and the road not taken is there any ideas? i got told by a past student that the essay is easier to answer if all the texts link together...I was thinking of doing castaway but they don't really link together with the choice of choosing different paths (which is the link/impression i have with rabbit proof fence and the road not taken). I have no clue what to do for my second text.

does anyone think that the road not taken and rabbit proof fence link together?

im a little confused, cause they both symbolise physical journeys, and various paths that could have been taken, but only one could chosen.

If anyone thinks im following the wrong path with this, any suggestions are appreciated. I'm so confused with this assignment.:mad1:

Thanks Kerrie
XoXoX

Last edited:

Sloth -

HSC
The texts RPF and RNT both describe a choice between two paths.
One is the choice to stay or leave the camp and the other is a choice of two paths.

You should try to link it to an image related to these choices such as a photograph, ad or poster.

hmmmm...

angel01
HSC
Thanks heaps, do you know of any pictures that i could use? So the linking o RPF and RNT are correct?

Thanks
-Kerrie

j.nguyen89

HSC
I'm having trouble with finding which supplementary text i should use for physical journeys.. do you reccommend "Beauty and the Beast" and "The chronicles of Narnia"?
Would that be suitable for physical journeys??

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
fOxYcLeOpTrA89 said:
rabbit proof fence has been used so many times. try and think of an original text and ull get betta marks for it.
The reason this text has been use so often is because it is a set text, you have no choice but to do it if u r assigned it.

hmmmm... said:
hey i was wondering if anyone could give me any help on my english assignment.. the question is(from a past hsc paper):

"More than anything else, physical journeys are about the interpretation of the new."

"Do you agree?argue your point of view."

We have to use 4 texts, 1 prescribed (rabbit proof fence), 1 out of the stimulus booklet (the road not taken) and atleast 2 other related texts of our choice.

im a bit unsure of two other texts that link to rabbit proof fence and the road not taken is there any ideas? i got told by a past student that the essay is easier to answer if all the texts link together...I was thinking of doing castaway but they don't really link together with the choice of choosing different paths (which is the link/impression i have with rabbit proof fence and the road not taken). I have no clue what to do for my second text.

does anyone think that the road not taken and rabbit proof fence link together?

im a little confused, cause they both symbolise physical journeys, and various paths that could have been taken, but only one could chosen.

If anyone thinks im following the wrong path with this, any suggestions are appreciated. I'm so confused with this assignment.:mad1:
I did this Question!! yeah i agreed with it... First some advice The road not taken is a great text for inner journeys not so much for physical journeys. The best stimulus texts for Rabbit-Proof Fence (Dont forget u need to tie all texts to RPF) is The Town Where Time Stands Still and also The Wind In The Willows.

TWITW is a good one because it ties in very well to RPF here is how:

Hesitation from daisy ("Too Far Molly" --- Hesitation from Rat "Rat only snorted and remained where he was"

Different motivation (contrast this) "Travel, Change, Interest, Excitement" ---"We're going home"

This is all i can remember from memory just pm me if u want more on this...i have lots of notes from english/journeys in particualr.

An excellent text for a related text is The Motorcycle Diaries. I used this one it is a film so has many same film techniques others include they are both in native tounge (aboriginal/spanish), both have traditional music/clothes etc...this is definately a worthwhile text watching if you are doing RPF

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)