seriously considering scrapping my major work and starting over (1 Viewer)

johony

HSC
what i'm doing now (latex sculptures) is really becoming tedious and boring, and my progress is stagnating because of it. i'm thinking of moving to either film, photography or graphic art.

is it too risky a move?

johony

HSC
not quite s&m stuff
the latex resembles latex gloves more than anything

anyway, i kept with the concept but changed my medium to film

carleyxx

HSC
this is extremely delayed..

but i scrapped my whole artwork yesterday after 7 months of work on it.

Moenique

HSC
I'm starting completely over in EE2.
It's possible, just a little more stressful.

I'm bored of my artwork :(

Danielle3

HSC
i have contemplated starting a whole new body of work for VA many times. one day you love it, the next day you hate it. as much as i get annoyed with mine, i would advise to keep the same idea but just modify it in little ways, thats what i tried to do anyway... but i honestly still dont like it that much grrr, its so annoying! cant wait for the whole thing to be over!

thatjayderig

HSC
ok, i am rather stressed lol. i scrapped my art work this morning, and i have no idea what im gunna do now :( i was doing etchings of my grandpa, i had 20 of different aspects of the face. do you guys have any ideas 4 me, il take anything iv hit a blank, i didn't like my work cause i idn't think it was going 2 turn out, and had a poor theme/concept
any help if possible please would be good :)
jayde

hannahcheeseman

HSC
ok, i am rather stressed lol. i scrapped my art work this morning, and i have no idea what im gunna do now :( i was doing etchings of my grandpa, i had 20 of different aspects of the face. do you guys have any ideas 4 me, il take anything iv hit a blank, i didn't like my work cause i idn't think it was going 2 turn out, and had a poor theme/concept
any help if possible please would be good :)
jayde
i think that sounds fantastic! is it possible for you not to scrap it but simply turn a corner (as my art teacher would say) with it? You should identify what you aren't happy with in your BOW specifically and then firstly see if you can fix it still using your old idea. Because at this stage of the year there is little point to starting again and not using all of the work you have already done.

thatjayderig

HSC
i think that sounds fantastic! is it possible for you not to scrap it but simply turn a corner (as my art teacher would say) with it? You should identify what you aren't happy with in your BOW specifically and then firstly see if you can fix it still using your old idea. Because at this stage of the year there is little point to starting again and not using all of the work you have already done.
Hmmmmmmm you are right but i pretty much have 2 start gain, i didnt think(stupid me) that etchings when u print them print the opposite way, so i had 2 start again the other day anywaym iv done like 4/20. so im not sure now wether 2 go on n finish the 20. My art teacher is, well no comment, so i asked another one today and she suggested i change from a etchings to documented form. i could use the etchings i did at the begining of the year, these are full face a3 sized and put them in different landscapes. so for example i could have a cube or building blocks like leggo (little kids have them) and cut one of the prints up and stick it 2 the sides of the cubes and photograph in his childhood enviro or even on a kids colourful rug, and i could set one on fire 2 represent war in an outdoor war enviro. or dirty one up n put it in a work shed.
sorry thats an essay but yer im not sure what do you, what do you think? stick with the old idea, or do the whole documenetd form thing?
by the way , what u doing 4 ur BOW?, hows it going?
jayde

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)