• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Seriousness of the HSC & study. (1 Viewer)

AmeliaJohe

HSC
I have come to the conclusion that the HSC is a load of bullocks, arse and tits.

Annihilist

HSC
Has anyone else just reached the point of realisation that they actually have to put some work in?

I've just been cruising along, doing my assignments the night before. This used to work, but it's not anymore :(

So, as an individual who has just started to study, my question is.. how the shit do you do it?! It's not sticking in my brain.

I've just kinda realised I'm not living up to my potential. :/
We're in the same boat.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Has anyone else just reached the point of realisation that they actually have to put some work in?

I've just been cruising along, doing my assignments the night before. This used to work, but it's not anymore :(

So, as an individual who has just started to study, my question is.. how the shit do you do it?! It's not sticking in my brain.

I've just kinda realised I'm not living up to my potential. :/
If it helps, you can get back to it in uni :p (dont)

Just try, it's hard, that's what year 11 is for, to prepare.

Make notes, read notes, do past papers/essays.

HSC
Whenever I study I always can't wait til breakfast/lunch/dinner, not cos i'm hungry but just to get a break. I find myself making more food everyday. *types whilst shoving pasta in mouth* ehh carbs...

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Whenever I study I always can't wait til breakfast/lunch/dinner, not cos i'm hungry but just to get a break. I find myself making more food everyday. *types whilst shoving pasta in mouth* ehh carbs...
omg same. study food is so bad (but it tastes so good!) :D

SanjoyM

HSC
Just dedicate 6-7 hours of studies every night and reward yourself with Tv, listening to music, sports etc..
Probably realised the seriousness of HSC since year 11 :)

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Just dedicate 6-7 hours of studies every night and reward yourself with Tv, listening to music, sports etc..
Probably realised the seriousness of HSC since year 11 :)
6-7 hours is legitimately overkill. If you can study effectively for a maximum of 4-5 hours a day with no distractions and consistent allocation of study, then you should be fine. I don't know if you're studying properly or not, but sheesh, 6-7 hours... I'll be interested in knowing your ATAR at the end of the year.

delian

HSC
N/A
OH MY GOD. THISTHISTHISTHISTHIS. I had this epiphany today when I got my english assessment back and got an absolutely shit mark. And I have half-yearlies starting tomorrow and have barely done any study...I think I'm going to actually try, now.
Good thing you've realised.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)