• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Setting the bar too high (2 Viewers)

alage1

HSC
seriously guys i've seen way too many bloody signitures saying this person is aiming for 98+

aim for something realistic i'm aiming for 70 i'll prolly get it maybe mmore if i get more i'll be so happy if i aim for 98 and hit 70 i'll feel shitty and worthless

don't set yourself up for failure it' good to havve the bar high but not to high it's impossible to reach or you'll fall short and feel bad for it

DInfinity

Ad Infinitum
HSC
What ATAR other people want to aim for is their own damn choice.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
seriously guys i've seen way too many bloody signitures saying this person is aiming for 98+

aim for something realistic i'm aiming for 70 i'll prolly get it maybe mmore if i get more i'll be so happy if i aim for 98 and hit 70 i'll feel shitty and worthless

don't set yourself up for failure it' good to havve the bar high but not to high it's impossible to reach or you'll fall short and feel bad for it
lol, its pretty silly to say that so and so atar is realistic and so and so atar is not, peoples abilities are wide and varied. For a lot of people on this site 98+ is very much a realistic goal just as for you 70+ is realistic, people shouldn't be put down for their aims, high or low.

HSC
What ATAR other people want to aim for is their own damn choice.
wtf your sig is mad LOL

yeah, usually by year 12, people should know what they're capable of achieving or just set a goal to achieve so they can aim for whatever they like

HSC
Finally namu is boasting about how smart he is
Anyone remember last year when namu requested the thread about him topping the state for maths to be pulled down?
So modest
Oh namu namu namu

Alage1, dw about it
You can always Become a roads engineer
Probably don't even need an ATAR
Hell, probably don't even need a brain - that no doubt qualifies you

Hey namu how about you USE YOUR POWERS FOR GOOD
Nobody needs an actuary these days
It's all about the roads, the roads, the roads
Think about it

alage1

HSC
my point is that te atar system calculates your atar score in the entire state or country i forget so all of those people with +98 in thier sig only about 54 will get it i wouldn't set myself up for it

alage1

HSC
lol no about 1000 guys will get it.
read the new atar system you've been mis informed our uai is based off of everyone else someones got to get low and the people who do the best get 98+ thats it even if they only get one mark and everyone else gets zero they get 98+ that's how it works DUR

Woteva636

HSC
Geez guys, get a grip on reality!!!
I'm aiming for 999.95!

youngminii

Banned
HSC
You best be a troll. If you're not, you have got to be the most embarassing person ever.
69000+ doing HSC
Assuming ATAR is in percentile (which it's not), there are 2% that get 98+
Hence, you have 1380 people that get 98+
But then the people that have epically failed and dropped out since year 7 also count. Therefore, there are more than 69000 that are considered in the ATAR system. Hence, more than 1380 people will get 98+
I'd say the actualy figure is close to 2000, maybe a bit less

alage1

HSC
You best be a troll. If you're not, you have got to be the most embarassing person ever.
69000+ doing HSC
Assuming ATAR is in percentile (which it's not), there are 2% that get 98+
Hence, you have 1380 people that get 98+
But then the people that have epically failed and dropped out since year 7 also count. Therefore, there are more than 69000 that are considered in the ATAR system. Hence, more than 1380 people will get 98+
I'd say the actualy figure is close to 2000, maybe a bit less
ok ok your right but for 95.5

"Achieving an ATAR of 99.95 is the same as achieving a UAI of 100 – you are in the top ranked group of students. The only difference is that the top group now corresponds to the top 0.05% of students and it is likely to include 45-50 students rather than 18-23 as before."

dynan

HSC
i dont think anyone sets goals that are obviously unachievable. The wouldnt say 98+ if they didnt think there was a chance of getting it
personally, im aiming for 90, and based on the ATAR estimate we got from our trials i think im on the right path for it

speedofsound

HSC

sorry, but who do you think you are telling people what they can and can't achieve?

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
ok ok your right but for 95.5

"Achieving an ATAR of 99.95 is the same as achieving a UAI of 100 – you are in the top ranked group of students. The only difference is that the top group now corresponds to the top 0.05% of students and it is likely to include 45-50 students rather than 18-23 as before."
It's 99.95. Like we don't already know that information. There's a big gap between 98.00 and 99.95 so obviously they'll be more than ~50 students getting that much.

kwabon

Banned
HSC
read the new atar system you've been mis informed our uai is based off of everyone else someones got to get low and the people who do the best get 98+ thats it even if they only get one mark and everyone else gets zero they get 98+ that's how it works DUR
OMG OMG OMG, obviously the information you have attained from your "ATAR OF 70 brain" is wrong.

DURRRRR

Mr Moomoo

HSC
I don't agree with OP that everyone who sets a goal for 98+ won't be able to get it but I do want to say to all those aiming for a high ATAR if somebody says they are aiming for something lower don't just say thats a crap ATAR as a knee-jerk reaction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)