Votes: 147 68.7%
  • Won't

Votes: 67 31.3%

• Total voters

Benny1103

HSC
N/A
erin_tonkin said:
Yes God is infallible. the reason for bad things on this earth is because of sin and the devil.
If God is "infalliable" then the only way that sin and the devil could exist is because it is God's will, otherwise such things cannot exist. It follows from this that you are saying that it is God's will that suffering exists amongst humans.

erin_tonkin said:
How can you say prayer is useless. you are so ignorant of the power of it so you cannot even comment.
and on coincidence yes it may look like that and be explained scientiffically like the parting of the water for moses was supposedly just convinient tidal movement but the fact that it happened just when it was needed is the miracle.
God is ruler of the world. dont you think he would use the world for his miracles??
Uh, did that 'tidal movement' actually occur at the time it was supposed to? Or was it something that you read about from a book of fairy tales?

erin_tonkin

HSC
people are so focused on the bad in the world and forget to see the good. they are quick to blame god for the hurt but when the good stuff all happens they forget and say it was all their doing?

Have you people read or heard the gospel.

I have read it. tested struggled with it and questioned it. and i have come out with a strong faith in Jesus.
im not just some little brainwashed thing

erin_tonkin

HSC
that book is the Bible and it says the water parted so moses and the israelites could pass through. I believe it. the bible is a respected historical book. It really is. The devil is a fallen angel of Gods. He went bad im sure in a society like ours you can understand such a thing as someone going bad. God does not permit him and did not make him. If you read the bible you will find that God has triumphed over the devil through Jesus. Watch narnia it explains it too.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
erin_tonkin said:
that book is the Bible and it says the water parted so moses and the israelites could pass through. I believe it. the bible is a respected historical book. It really is. The devil is a fallen angel of Gods. He went bad im sure in a society like ours you can understand such a thing as someone going bad. God does not permit him and did not make him. If you read the bible you will find that God has triumphed over the devil through Jesus. Watch narnia it explains it too.
But there is no evidence to be found in Egyptian or any other records of the exodus, and something of such magnitude would have surely been recorded, as events which were much smaller scale have been.

erin_tonkin

HSC
withoutaface said:
But there is no evidence to be found in Egyptian or any other records of the exodus, and something of such magnitude would have surely been recorded, as events which were much smaller scale have been.
what kind of government would admit to a mass exodous of that magnitude of all its slaves???
not to mention all the plagues!
and the death of all the 1stborns!

i emplore you all to find oout about the gospel of Jesus Christ. Thats what it is all about. Its all in the bible.

Now excuse me im loving thiis discussion but i have a party to go to

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
narnia is a fictional film. the bible was a written BOOK. just like any other textbook, the difference is, textbooks have episodes and evidence.

erin_tonkin

HSC
if you knew what you were talking about you would know that the bible is a respected historical book. it has mounds of evidence. historically proven ya know by historians. Yes it is like a textbook! well done! and it is true! have you read it?

and narnia. have you heard of a word called allegory?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
erin_tonkin said:
what kind of government would admit to a mass exodous of that magnitude of all its slaves???
not to mention all the plagues!
and the death of all the 1stborns!

i emplore you all to find oout about the gospel of Jesus Christ. Thats what it is all about. Its all in the bible.

Now excuse me im loving thiis discussion but i have a party to go to
I have read the Bible. And Egyptian scholars were not all linked to the government, at least one is going to record something down.

EDIT: Parts of it being true do not prove the whole.

And I also have a party to go to, where I will be engaging in sinful alcholism.

erin_tonkin

HSC
well did you ever consider maybe the bible was that bit of recording???

i still didnt work out your point.

id love to continue this later. send me a message if you have any more arguements

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
i wonder what kind of historians they were.....perhaps ones who promote the bilble for their own benefits such as income.

erin_tonkin

HSC
thats lovely to know bout ur party, how do you think that would make me feel.?

u r really strange...

Godbless and enjoy your party

HSC
the bible speaks of sex prior marriage as condemned, the old and new testament we see gods different perspectives. in the old testament he tried too fix us up but saw how fucked up we where really where (during those times, most the world was fucked and a handful of people where loyal too god) and he would directly punished them, that is basically evidence "sleep prior marriage = bad"

now the rest is based on interpretation, i dont think god expects you too see the first girl you got as your wife, but we are all judged on individual merit, if you purely go around making out (only) with 50 guys per weekend for all your life then when you're 25 or so find the right guy and marry him that doesn't exactly weight you as a good person, it actually shows you as selfish, if god likes that is upto him im not him so not sure his reaction ... where as if you had a few long relationships in your life and it shows your loyalty/fine tuning you'd want in a husband

i personally want just my first girlfriend too be the only one, not something i can help but id love for her too be the right one

back onto topic, as very tempting as it is too have sex prior marriage and "enjoy youth"; ill pass and wait for marriage

davin

HSC
N/A
erin_tonkin said:
A young girl killed in the collombine massacres diaries been found and providing inspiration to so manny
What happened at columbine was a tragedy above all else. Where was your God to stop innocent people, innocent kids from being gunned down in a SCHOOL of all places?

HSC
davin said:
What happened at columbine was a tragedy above all else. Where was your God to stop innocent people, innocent kids from being gunned down in a SCHOOL of all places?
The same place he's been in the past few thousand years, sitting above in heaven judging us. He can ressurect them in the flick of a finger and after armegeddon if they where good kids (presumbly they where) he will.

He wants too test what those kids parents will do maybe? if they still stick with god then its evident they are strongly faith too god, the reason god also does this is to convince his angels that his system is better than satans. God has more than just himself too convince, i know it may sound childish his games. But if you think about it, god can just annihilate satan his demons and control his angels like drones, but then we would be back too square one, where is conscience/decisions? The evidence is layed out in front of you, god lets you make the decision too choose it.

What happend too those kids was terrible, remember even bible says how before end of days satan will be thrown out of heaven and you notice the sudden crazyness of the world? more natural disasters than ever?

Satan / his demons knows his time is running out and will do anything too people (ie. taint some kids too gun down other students) to force people to turn away from god, what you must do is be strong and still face god with faith and love and that will show your true devotion and elevate you from others. God has allowed satan too dessimate plenty of other peoples lives (eg. see a guy named "Job" in bible) and then when they show they still remain faith he gives them everything back + 10 times more. The end of times is meant too be the hardest of times.

I don't like preaching, I strongly am a believer of what the bible says basically preach christianity, but do not condemn those who don't accept it. (even though there has been destruction of nonchristians in the old testament with the help of god, this is probably due too his difference of perspective of humans prior his sons sacrafice).

davin

HSC
N/A
the "god is just watching and judging" is a viewpoint i can accept fairly easily, i just have issue with the view that god basicly decides to mess with people and ruin lives of good people because he feels like testing them or has to show how good he really is with some thing of "well, the ends justify the means so its ok". I've seen people do similar things....they're called bullies. either god is hands-off, and he's not ok with bad things that happen but he's also not causing all these minor things labeled as "miracles", or well...god's a jerk.

HSC
he also created us, he has a right too destroy us in the click of his fingers. do you realise the more god tests us and if we do maintain our standpoint too strong faith in god he returns us the favour much greater?

bullys piss off people in period, when has a bully punched you in the face then given you a pie?

BradCube

HSC
Well this thread certainally has gotten off topic since I have been gone. This is why I didn't mention anything about my spiritual beliefs. But since we are here, we may as well continue. You know, it amazes me that we can become up tight so quickly even when we have time to compose ourselves before writing a response.

For me it is possible to know there is a God even before we go into historical evidences' and proofs'. How? Just look at the world around you. I cannot possibley look up at the stars at night and deny the existence of God. The very way this world has been created, and continues to exist is astonishing. The beauty and intricacy of each life present is so far beyond incredible that it becomes impossible to lay this world down to mere coincidence.

It is far harder to answer the questions that are present when God is taken out of the picture, yet I see no body asking these. Why is that? I would suggest that we don't ask these question because they point to an existence higher than ourselves. And who in there right mind would want to believe that there is someone more powerful then themsleves? Surely it is easier to live in denial and ignorance rather then face up to the question's that plague all of us;

How did this world and universe come into existence?
How did I come into existence?
What is the meaning of my life?
What happens when I die?

I'm sure these questions could be answered by many who instead of taking them seriously, decide their funny and non-conclusive comments are far more appropriate. It is not satisfactory to answer "The Big Bang" or "My life has meaning cause I party1!!!". If you decide to take a look at these questions seriously, I think you will find it is not the christians of this world that are delusional, but rather, quite the opposite.

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
sorry about the following, mods, but I just had to respond.

BradCube said:
It is far harder to answer the questions that are present when God is taken out of the picture, yet I see no body asking these. Why is that? I would suggest that we don't ask these question because they point to an existance higher than ourselves. And who in there right mind would want to believe that there is someone more powerful then themsleves? Surely it is easier to live in denial and ignorance rather then face up to the question's that plague all of us;

How did this world and universe come into existance?
How did I come into existance?
What is the meaning of my life?
What happens when I die?

I'm sure these questions could be answered by many who instead of taking them seriously, decide their funny and non-conclusive comments are far more appropriate. It is not satisfactory to answer "The Big Bang" or "My life has meaning cause I party1!!!". If you decide to take a look at these questions seriously, I think you will find it is not the christians of this world that are delusional, but rather, quite the opposite.
Ah, I suggest that you broaden your horizons, because such questions are always being considered (and debated) by a very large number of people who you apparently consider to be delusional. I think that it would also be best to make note of the fact that though some respond to such questions by saying "why, there must be a god!", many others take an entirely different approach.

Please, don't just assume that your faith provides all the answers, because as far as I'm concerned you seem to be in favour of a cop-out (i.e., Q. what? A. God. Q. Why? A. God. etc). Now, I'm not suggesting that that is necessarily the essence of your position, but the above quote is suggestive of such a frame of mind.

Personally, I'm quite happy to live with the knowledge that there is uncertainty and that there is in all likelihood no god, because life as a process is and has always been uncertain and opportunistic.

Last edited:

BradCube

HSC
Generator said:
sorry about the following, mods, but I just had to respond.

Ah, I suggest that you broaden your horizons, because such questions are always being considered (and debated) by a very large number of people who you apparently consider to be delusional. I think that it would also be best to make note of the fact that though some respond to such questions by saying "why, there must be a god!", many others take an entirely different approach.

Please, don't just assume that your faith provides all the answers, because as far as I'm concerned you seem to be in favour of a cop-out (i.e., Q. what? A. God. Q. Why? A. God. etc). Now, I'm not suggesting that that is necessarily the essence of your position, but the above quote is suggestive of such a frame of mind.

Personally, I'm quite happy to live with the knowledge that there is uncertainty and that there is in all likelihood no god, because life as a process is and has always been uncertain and opportunistic.
I have yet to find another argument as logical and well founded as God. Since I am putting this to the entire BOS forums, anyone is free to share their own serious, personal answers to these questions (This is who I am reffering to when I said no-one asks these questions).

My horizons have been broadened and it seems to me that these people will not even considered God as an option, for the reasons I pointed out previously.

I am not looking for a cop-out, I am simply looking at an obvious conclusion that many people will choose to ignore because they don't want the repercussion's of that conclusion to exist.

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
BradCube said:
I have yet to find another argument as logical and well founded as God. Since I am putting this to the entire BOS forums, anyone is free to share their own serious, personal answers to these questions.

My horizons have been broadened and it seems to me that these people will not even considered God as an option, for the reasons I pointed out previously.

I am not looking for a cop-out, I am simply looking at an obvious conclusion that many people will choose to ignore because they don't want the repercussion's of that conclusion to exist.
Give me an argument in favour of God that doesn't break any of the following logical fallacies: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy#General_list_of_fallacies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)