Sex Education - religious vs. public (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woolze

HSC
Hey everyone, I'm doing my PIP on the differences in sex education provided by religious and public schools and it would be a great help if you could fill this out for me. You can either fill it out and post it here, or email it to me at: woolze.bruz@hotmail.com
Thanks alot :)

1. What is your age?
2. Gender?
3. What area do you live in?
4. Did you receive any sexual education in:
Primary school, High school, both, neither
5. If you answered neither for question 4, where did you get your information on sexual health and relationships?
6. Do you feel as a teenager that you received adequate sexual education? Why/Why not?
7. Are you sexually active?
8. Have you ever had unprotected sex?
9.What type of school did you attend?
Religious or Public
10. What sexual education did you receive, if any at school?
11. Did you agree with the sexual education that you received at school? Why/Why not?
12. Do you believe that students attending religious schools should be taught about sex and sexual relationships using an abstinence (no sex before marriage) program or a safe sex program? Why/Why not?

Thanks alot for your time, and of course any responses will be kept confidential.
I will be taking responses until about the 6th of august

cheese!

HSC
someone left their PIP a bit late :p
I'm filling it in right now :) I'm glad to help

Woolze

HSC
Haha, yeah. I kept putting it off and now I'm suffering the consequences massively :(

samthebear

HSC
1. What is your age? 18
2. Gender? female
3. What area do you live in? canterbury
4. Did you receive any sexual education in:
Primary school, High school, both, neither - highschool; it wasnt alot of information tbh so i'll just fill in qn 5.
5. If you answered neither for question 4, where did you get your information on sexual health and relationships? doctor's waiting room pamphlets, some random copies of Dolly and books about sexual health etc
6. Do you feel as a teenager that you received adequate sexual education? Why/Why not? yes, because i understand the importance of using contraception. not just chemical kinds of contraception but also physical kinds like condoms because i understand the possibility of STIs spreading and all that.
7. Are you sexually active? no
8. Have you ever had unprotected sex? no
9.What type of school did you attend?
Religious
10. What sexual education did you receive, if any at school? worksheets, videos on STIs, and more worksheets.
11. Did you agree with the sexual education that you received at school? Why/Why not? i'm indifferent. i didnt learn anything new at school but at the same time i dont really care because my GP can give me better/more information.
12. Do you believe that students attending religious schools should be taught about sex and sexual relationships using an abstinence (no sex before marriage) program or a safe sex program? Why/Why not? i think they should be taught both not because of the religious dimention (of abstinence) but for safety reasons. teenagers will be teenagers and you cant expect them not to have sex altogether.
Safe sex kids. always go with safe sex if you cant bash off your horny instincts. For those who can live without sex, absinence is fine. but the individual should not be pressured into doing either out of their own decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)