sgp (1 Viewer)

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
Umm SGP, thats for Year 11, that was a long time ago for me.
I'd suggest you do your SGP on something in your local area. There are always local/community environmental issues, so you're probably best to look for something in your area. And by basing your SGP in your local area, its then easier for you to do research and collect data.
If you're really short of ideas, have a talk with your teacher.

** Your local community newspaper might also be worth a look, they always talk about environmental problems, so it might be able to give you a few starting points/ideas.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
are they building anything around where you live like a new road or housing estate or something?
Or you could always do an easy one liek i did and just do reasons for the changing real estate prices in your suburb.

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
the sgp was biggest dissappointment of my life, when i saw mark i allmost fainted. teacher took 25% of total mark for one day late.

Michiru

HSC
thnks all,
um...i was wondering if the extension of m4 east would be a good thing to do for my sgp...what do u guyz fink?

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
Originally posted by Michiru
thnks all,
um...i was wondering if the extension of m4 east would be a good thing to do for my sgp...what do u guyz fink?
Yeah that would be a good issue to use. But you must come up with a good Hypothesis to test though, and make sure it's relevant. My SGP's hypothesis was slightly 'off course' so I got penalised a few marks for it.
Think of a few possible hypthosis (s) and ask your teacher to see if the hypothesis is 'workable'.
:)

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
Originally posted by scut

Think of a few possible hypthosis (s) and ask your teacher to see if the hypothesis is 'workable'.
:)
this is so true i lost all my mark because my hypothesis(1 out of 3) was not testable. teacher wrote a note"you are not discovering anything, it have been known for thousands of years"

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
for my sgp i researched 'recreational facilities available to teenagers in winston hills' which was really good because i got like 50 surveys filled out (from 50 actual people lol) and it allowed for alot of analysis..
my focus questions were:
- where is winston hills? who is the focus group?
- what do teenagers in winston hills enjoy doing? how often do they get time for recreation?
- what recreational facilities are available to teenagers? where are they?
- do teenagers prefer to travel outside of the study area for recreation? is parramatta or castle hill preferrered? why?
- do teenagers have part time jobs? can they afford to go out of winston hills for recreation?
- who is responsible for recreation in winston hills? what is involved in the maintenance of recreational facilities?
- how can facilities in winston hills be improved?

i got 24/25 for my report.. 4/5 for the part 1 outline thing.. hope i helped

grimmo

Good ol S.G.P's... Yeh defo do something in your local area, and somewhere u have easy access to. that was my major problem! I was testing water in a near by bay, and wasnt able to get there some day when u wanted 2! Good Luck. Have a good 1. xx

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
look at the makeup of ur school by doing surveys. see where people live, how they get to school etc.

Michiru

HSC
Thanks all of you who've helped me!!
I ended up doing my sgp on the potential social and environmental impacts of extending the M4 on Ashfield and Haberfield.
It was great! I got 49/50!! I'm not complaining! :)
THankyou Thankyou THANKYOU all for helping me!!!

For my SGP I compared the human impacts and management strategies of two different sand dune ecosystems, one at Collaroy and one at Jibbon beach (which you get to by ferry from Cronulla) and I compared and contrasted them.

I really enjoyed doing this field work, especially the chance to go to a National Park that I might not otherwise have visited.

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
Michiru said:
Thanks all of you who've helped me!!
I ended up doing my sgp on the potential social and environmental impacts of extending the M4 on Ashfield and Haberfield.
It was great! I got 49/50!! I'm not complaining! :)
THankyou Thankyou THANKYOU all for helping me!!!
did you enter some stupid SGP comp thing run by the govt?
I dunno... 4 of us (in a group) started and finished our SGP in 2 weeks including fieldsketching, interviews, library reseraching, photographs, tables and graphs etc, oh and bullshit...
bwhaha.. it was bad, yr 11s please don't leave your work till the last minute! But we tried our best, and enjoyed doing that reserach, so it's alll cool.

We got 100% :D.. too bad it doesn't count towards yr12. Oh well.

* Things that you should always include in your SGP. Good luck yr11 2005 and enjoy :p

Michiru

HSC
eh? sgp comp? never heard of it...

at my school, there was only 6 ppl that did geography. 2 of them sort of worked together cuz their topics were similar and were based in the same area, but apart from that, everybody else went their own way...

I dunno... 4 of us (in a group) started and finished our SGP in 2 weeks including fieldsketching, interviews, library reseraching, photographs, tables and graphs etc, oh and bullshit..
i have to admit, i spent 2 nights in a row staying up till 1 am trying to do finish it up U.U

Last edited:

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
Michiru said:
eh? sgp comp? never heard of it...

at my school, there was only 6 ppl that did geography. 2 of them sort of worked together cuz their topics were similar and were based in the same area, but apart from that, everybody else went their own way...

i have to admit, i spent 2 nights in a row staying up till 1 am trying to do finish it up U.U
WoW 2 nights for sgp? I could neevr do that... we had 20+ ppl doing geog and out grp did sth to do with the state forest cos it is close to where the 4 of us live. (Plus my friend and I did JGP (Junior Geography Project LOL) about that sate forest too so more info.

We kept bludging around at people's house while doing the SGP. So yeh, basically started non-stop typing and thinking the weekend before, it was BAD. Eventually we finished and it filled up a whole folder YAY ... Appendix was up to H, so funny.

LOL at Argonaut's story. :D That SGP sounds so funny to do, deer catching haha.

elisabeth

HSC
Haha, i remember my SGP (aka. bane of existance) I got full marks for it last term, which made staying up till 6am(!) the morning before it was due worthwhile. I don't reccommend it though.

Anyway, I did a project on measuring the abundance of rubbish in 2 parks up here on the coast. I counted all the different types of rubbish (paper, plastic etc.) in 3 main areas (by the water, the car park and picnic areas) and then recorded other factors (no. people in park, wind speed, temp, wind direction, bin type etc.) and tried to draw relationships.

It was pretty bludgy, I wasn't able to go out very often due to work and stuff, so I made up a couple of months of results and conincidentally, they proved the hypothesis I was testing :) Then I did a survey about what people thought of the issue and wrote a page or two on what solutions there are to the problem of littering.

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
I know, I wish my sgp mark goes towards the hsc.
:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)