Shakespeare's love of deception. (1 Viewer)

Memi

HSC
N/A
Hello BOS'ers. I've been facing a bit of strife over my English Assessment task which is nearing.

We're studying Shakespearean comedies, and in particular focusing on the play "Much Ado About Nothing" ... which is practically nonsensical. But in our in class assessment we have to write about the comedic elements which are used to depict the comedy encompassed in the plays. We've received the question as a method of preparation and it focuses on the comedic elements which hang upon deception of some sort.

Okay, so my predicament is:
Am I supposed to demonstrate the comedy underlying the deceptions that occur in the play/means taken to deceive a character? Or merely just recognize that deception is a comedic element and support the preposition? Because I don't understand how deception is of hilarity? And it wasn't exactly comedic to the people of the Elizabethan era either...

Thanks for the help..it's truly appreciated~

Fake-Name

HSC
Hello BOS'ers. I've been facing a bit of strife over my English Assessment task which is nearing.

We're studying Shakespearean comedies, and in particular focusing on the play "Much Ado About Nothing" ... which is practically nonsensical. But in our in class assessment we have to write about the comedic elements which are used to depict the comedy encompassed in the plays. We've received the question as a method of preparation and it focuses on the comedic elements which hang upon deception of some sort.

Okay, so my predicament is:
Am I supposed to demonstrate the comedy underlying the deceptions that occur in the play/means taken to deceive a character? Or merely just recognize that deception is a comedic element and support the preposition? Because I don't understand how deception is of hilarity? And it wasn't exactly comedic to the people of the Elizabethan era either...

Thanks for the help..it's truly appreciated~
I bet your school is ranked in the top 200, isn't it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)