Shall i take PHY OR IPT????...plz help! (2 Viewers)

Linda N

HSC
N/A
a_s said:
yea i kno it wud b a challenge and i'll prob. get sick of sci...im starting to think i'll b better of with ipt
btw linda jus wondering what subjs ur doing?
I do eng adv, maths, maths ext. 1, chem, business std, IT.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
ALWAYS DO WAT UR GOOD AT...good scallers wont help u if u suk at them!!! Pplz fail to realises doing well in a lower scaller is betta than failing a higher scaller... do wat ur good at and what u like...

Jezzabelle

a_s said:
anything to do with medical/health/sci, but iv already chosen chem and bio so i dont necessarily have to take phy.

will there b more competition in phy or ipt???
you need chemistry.... if you do chem, do ipt not physics.

you wont need physics really. the stuff you do in hsc physics is pointless when you get to uni

claudia_p

HSC
Without Wings said:
a_s go look at the syllabuses for each of the subjects at
www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au to give you an idea of what each subject involves
while you're there, take a look at the past exam papers, because this is what you're going to be working towards being able to do after 2 yrs. i wish i would have done that, i looked at some exam papers for subjects i didnt do and i thought "hey, that looks really interesting" (i know that sounds so lame!) but from the syllabus and the little descriptions your school gives you, you cant really understand much. think about what the courses actually involve- i cant really remember but i think when i chose my courses for 11 & 12 i basically just picked things because of the name of the course and didnt really look into things to find out what they were about and what you actually learn in them and what you are actually required to do in the hsc exam.

Kelvy

HSC
Do physics! If u can handle regurgitation, then it is a breeze :) Plus, it scales better (thats been said before 100 times i know) and subject choice does matter when it comes to UAI, I know some all rounders with some dissapointing UAI's because of their subjects :S

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
^ I agree with TimeAndTide. Pretty much the only reason I'm doing SDD is because I should get a place, or very close to it. And SDD actually has scaling a bit HIGHER than IPT.

But I dunno, I'm aiming for a high UAI. If all you need is a 90/95 or so UAI, then IPT probably wouldn't hurt you.

Hmm, but anyway, you're in year 11 and hence can always drop it in year 12.

Scanorama

HSC
High scaling doesnt mean high UAI. Some of my friends did 2 unit maths and i did general maths. At the end, I beat most of them by getting band 5 (top rank of the school) and they only got band 2/3 in 2 unit. My uai is 70.75 and theirs only 60s

stainmepink

HSC
oh my GOD take PHYSICS!! iv just done my IPT hsc exam and i can tell u ipt has so much theory in it. its so boring so boring so boring. dont ever take it. within 2 lessons ull know. also its like a regurgitating subject. its FULL of shit. i hate it i detest it. dont ever pick it up!

btw phys prelim isnt hard.

a_s said:
im gona b in yr 11 nxt year and already chosen my subjs but now im having doubts...im not sure which 1 will maximise my uai or which 1 im better at

ur advice will b gr8ly appreciated

btw is phy hard??

Last edited:

stainmepink

HSC
also u get those shitty boring assessments with ipt. go to like a dymocks or angust and robertson, pick up a prelim ipt text book and read it to see whats in it and you'll know why heaps of ppl hate it so much.

a_s

some1 told me that by writing ur name on the phy paper will get u 15 or something marks....is that tru???

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
My friend that does both IPT and Physics thinks IPT is "a waste of time".
It could be because of his ipt teacher (inefficient teaching techniques) but I do physics and i think its a challenging subject.
As long as you come to every lessons it can be mastered reasonably easy.

PS: I also am doing SDD which is a hard subject. Lucky for me I had background experience in programming from year 8-10. So maybe if I were to do ipt it it might seem too easy for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)