Shanghai Dancing (1 Viewer)

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
Anyone read it? Peter Skrzynecki gave it to me as a gift - he said it would be good for my writing and would suit my interests...but I find it kind of difficult to read...it's taking me so long to get through it, however it's quite interesting...

Anyone else read it/heard about it? Apparently the author had a really hard time trying to find someone who would publish it for him, then he won lots of awards for it when it finally got published.

funniboi

HSC
You know Peter Skryznecki in real life?

He was ment to show up at my school to talk about his poetry for Journeys and stuff, but he never came.

Who wrote the book ?

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Peter Skrzynecki gave my friend a free copy of Immigrant Chronicle. What a champ... he's really nice

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
Shanghai Dancing is written by Brian Castro.

And yes I know Skrzynecki...a girl and I in my year had been emailing him for help, so he came to our school and my English teacher asked me to have lunch with him...and a week later he sent me this book.

funniboi

HSC
Serious?

What's his email ?

what genre is the book gonna be under at the book stores?

i'm really more into the scifi section... but a bit of change is always good!

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
I'm not sure what section you'll find it under, it's a "fictional autobiography".

His email is like skrzynecki@uws.edu.au or something...I don't know it off the top of my head but the one I was using was his UWS work one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)