• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Shark Tale (1 Viewer)

Lundy

Banned
HSC
That's exactly what I said when I first saw the poster for it

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
i hope not!!! Finding nemo was great ... NO ONE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO RIP IT OFF!!!

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Thats what it is.. don't know about the 'cheap' part ...but its an american rip off- they bought out the big name stars for this one..
nothing will top finding nemo though

funniboi

HSC
I got a feeling this movie will turn out like the other "wannabe movies"

eg: "Bikerboys" tryin to pull off a "the fast and the furious"

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
The only thing similar would be the setting. Everything else from what I've read/seen is different - the whole plotline, the characters, the humour (sharper, edgier) and so on. Looking forward to it.

funniboi

HSC
Yeah, I guess i'll just have to go and watch it, who know's might not be what I expect it to be. But I doubt that. LoL!

EDIT: LOL OH YEAH TORQUE. That was so shit I totally forgot about it!

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I don't know if it'll be that bad considering its awesome cast: Marty Scorsese, Robert De Niro, Jack Black, Renee Zellweger and Will Smith..also Angelina Jolie, but I really dislike her. I don't think it necessarily has to be a ripoff just because's it's also about fish and is animated by Pixar. Finding Nemo afterall was a coming of age story, while with Scorsese and De Niro in the fold I'm thinking this'll be a satire of some sort.. if you've seen the previews you'd note all the references. Anyway not expecting it to be better than Finding Nemo, but should be good nonetheless

prima_donna

HSC
It's animated by Dreamworks, not Pixar. Shark Tale was in production for quite some time before Finding Nemo came out. If they did copy the setting idea..who cares..Pixar doesn't own the ocean. And to say that they're capitalising on the success of the movie is stupid because how would they know that Finding Nemo would've been such a success.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
It doesn't matter how good it is, it's going to have to live with the "nemo rip-off" stigma forever.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I've seen pictures and it looks pretty similar. If it's funny and good then Ill watch it anyway regardless of whether it is a ripoff or not.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
im looking forward to seeing it (thats if i do), but im not too sure if itll do well, i mean look at sinbad, it had all the stars and was kinda crappy boxoffice-wise....

torque has to be the worst movie of all time

Poindexter

I don't think that it's anything at all like Finding Nemo, in fact it'll be on par considering it comes from the same guys who made Shrek. If you haven't seen the trailer I can understand you thinking it's a copy of Nemo, but the trailer clears up the coincidence. The storyline is a lot edgier and targetted at an older audience, besides, who doesn't want to watch Finding Nemo twice.

funniboi

HSC
we're just hopeing it's AS GOOD as finding nemo.

if not, better.

wouldn't want to see a dodgier version.

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
funniboi said:
we're just hopeing it's AS GOOD as finding nemo.

if not, better.

wouldn't want to see a dodgier version.
i reckon its gonna b shit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)