Sharp pain on the right side of my stomach (1 Viewer)

HSC
i have a sharp pain now, like someone stabbed me, couldnt stand up properly and have to crutch abit because if i stand up straight the pain would hurt more. If i am slumped or sitting sideways on my left it doesn't hurt as much. The pain is on the bottom right side of my stomach and its killing me. Anyone know whats the cause of it? what i should do?

:burn:

cuppas

Apprentice Mechanic
HSC
i had this once. you might have pinched a nerve. i was ok the next day i think

in short, i didnt die. so yeah unless somethings ruptured, you should be fine

rozymisty

HSC
If its in your bottom right hand corner, it could be appendicitis! So get to your gp asap so that it doesnt rupture. Of course it could be other things, but it is most likely to be appendicitis. ...and yes apparently you can get it again even if you've had it out earlier.

cuppas

Apprentice Mechanic
HSC
hah so dont listen to my ghetto advice. get it checked out i spose

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
cuppas said:
hah so dont listen to my ghetto advice. get it checked out i spose
lol i was going to say 'leave it' as well but i didn't know the appendix thing. actually i pretty much ignore anything wrong with me until i faceplant and someones like 'um you might need a doc?' so yeah don't take my word on anything... :eek:

Evilo

HSC
You're pregnant, think of that arnie movie... Junior - yes that is you.

Anyways - see how it is tomorrow, and if its not better go and see a doctor.

codydhu

AdherentFollower
HSC
My older sister has appendicitis when she was a kid, it was really serious. My mum told me about it when i was about 5 and from then on i just assumed any sort of abdominal pain meant that i had it. I guess i had hypochondria.
Anyway i remember that if you push down on your stomach, then release suddenly, it should REALLY hurt if its appendicitis.
Have fun.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Appendicitis is an inflammation of your appendix (obviously) and if left untreated can be fatal. The main symptom is acute abdominal pain, particularly in your lower right abdomen. Pain will generally begin in the central stomach and localise to this area. This may be accompanied by loss of appetite, fever and possibly nausea. In more atypical cases, the pain begins and stays in your right abdomen and diarrhoea may accompany it.

Recently i thought i had appendicitis and considered going to casualty. I had a sharp and fairly constant pain in my right side yet no other symptoms accompanied it. The pain eventually subsided and i attributed it to posssible muscular cramps or indigestion.

Whilst the other symptoms do not always have to occur, if the pain persists or you do see symptoms medical assistance is essential. If not removed, bacteria will be released and pus forms around the appendix resulting in peritonitis, possible septicemia which is fatal. Surgery involves the removal of the appendix (appendicectomy)) and is a very common, often laparoscoptic procedure.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
could be appendicitis :)

are u bright yellow? ....could also be mesentaric adenitis, bowel obstruction... etcetc..

go see a doctor.. posting on BoS isnt always the best idea :D

NinjaSauce

HSC
I would like to reiterate the 'panic'.

Appendicitis is possible, not good. See a Doctor. Now.

Also, possibly a Hernia. When did you get the pain? Hernias can happen with weightlifting, or very forceful/intense movement. You basically breach the muscle out of the area or sac it is supposed to be in. Worse case - through the abdominal wall. See a Doctor. Now.

Look, We are insighting a lot of panic responses, but would you rather fear the worst, get checked as clean. or fear nothing, and end up in surgery a week later?

Be safe man, i hope it is nothing.

--- > We don't know how you got the pain (when it started), so we have to jump to conclusions.

Flutterby

HSC
CSI: CRIMES ™ said:
i have a sharp pain now, like someone stabbed me, couldnt stand up properly and have to crutch abit because if i stand up straight the pain would hurt more. If i am slumped or sitting sideways on my left it doesn't hurt as much. The pain is on the bottom right side of my stomach and its killing me. Anyone know whats the cause of it? what i should do?

:burn:

I had the same thing last year but to a lesser extent. I asked my mates where the appendix was located but the pain just went after a while.

I got tested for crohns later that year after seeing a doctor and got a referral to the hospital and it turns out I had it.

I googled 'symptoms for chohns' and this is one response:

Pain
Patients may experience crampy, achy, or even sharp pain in the affected area. Most often, patients with Crohn's disease feel pain on the lower right side of the abdomen (lower right quadrant) and just below the bellybutton. This is because the majority of cases of Crohn's disease involve disease in the terminal ileum, where the small intestine meets the large intestine. The terminal ileum crosses from left to right just above the beltline, and joins the large intestine in the lower right quadrant.

It might not be this but I would go and see a doctor anyway.

Hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)