• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Shaving - Pros and Cons (1 Viewer)

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
iambored said:
is that what the moviei stars do? i think it would be painful to wax your face
I think movie starts use laser surgery to remove unwanted facial hair. Or in magazines it is airbrushed out...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Beaky said:
I think movie starts use laser surgery to remove unwanted facial hair. Or in magazines it is airbrushed out...
the magical airbrushing, i forgot about that, they probably do, no wonder everyday people don't look like them

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
what about plucking? my dad used to always use tweezers to pluck his beard o_O i heard its painful though

and as for men shaving/waxing legs.. why not!? they could be metrosexual and just know how to take v.good care of their legs haha . OR they need to keep their legs hair-free cause maybe their job needs it.. maybe a guy is a foot model who needs to keep his lower legs n feet hair-free :D who knows..

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
Can dudes be "conscious of their hygiene and appearance" without being Titled "METROSEXUALS"?
the term is used so much.. damn u BEckham!

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
no one has yet mentioned SILKYMITS! theyre like sandpaper stuff...

PROS
- quick
- easy
- relatively cheap (about $5 for three gloves)
- Reusable (soemtimes)
- odourless
- Same effect as waxing- less hair overtime
- versatile
- also exfoliates

CONS
- can only be used on legs
- sometimes are not reusable

im a big fan :D

veridis

droog
HSC
can i just say shaving sucks for guys. it is soooo time consuming once you've been doing it for a few weeks and have to shave every day. while the designer stubble comment was valid after aragorn theres always the option of the rugged manly man look if you let your hair get a lil wild too

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't you end up with a face like a cactus if you shave?

I ain't shaving, I like my gentle moustache as it is.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
silkymits can also give you painful rashes
and they're time consuming

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Every time you shave, the hair strands that grows up will be thicker, and you'll have a face like sandpaper, or cactus, or whatever simile you prefer.

Last edited:

Dynamix

North by Northwest and then turning slightly East
HSC
ok, yes shaving sucks, and im always left with this crappy not quite smooth enough feeling, but im in no way keen to wax my face...

For that guy that had a go at guys shaving their legs, i am a decathlete and run professionally. The sprinter that ran at Athens earlier this year, Josh Ross, i train with him. Everyone in our squad shaves, because when you are getting massages it rips the hair out and it is so much worsethan waxing legs. Being a decathlete i have to be completely shaven all over execpt for downstair, which still has to be neat. Its just the facts, thats what i have to do.

Btw, my girlfriend loves it. Everybody who is a half serious athlete, triathlete or swimmer shaves. And you cant tell me that most of the players in ther NRL, AFL, NFL and NHL arent masculine, there are some very big guys there. I doubt every single one of them is metrosexual or gay.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
veridis said:
can i just say shaving sucks for guys. it is soooo time consuming once you've been doing it for a few weeks and have to shave every day. while the designer stubble comment was valid after aragorn theres always the option of the rugged manly man look if you let your hair get a lil wild too
At least u only have to shave your beard...Try being a girl then you'd have to shave legs, armpits (ew), pluck eyebrows etc. We spend A LOT more time shaving than guys. Guys are lucky that they don't have to shave anything below the neck!

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
the rule should be - if you have a mo.. get rid of it!

a fair few asians seem to be guilty of not shaving their mo. its really unattractive.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Yeah...and shannon noll-like goatees. That thing is so annoying, I wish he'd get rid of it. In general the less facial hair the better

SweetSeasons

HSC
is it just me, or is kissing a guy who has just had a shave like a billion times better then when they haven't shaved for a week?

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
I havent shaved in about a month.. so after Physics (my last exam) on wednesday.. off comes the beard-erino :)
I shall be .. a New MAN!
An act of purification from these blech exams!

I wont be such a cactus then, will i Komaticom :p??

Hey dont feel down Argonaut, Einstein used to dry shave!!
you'd think after all the achievements he accomplished and things created, he would have enjoyed the pleasures of a cream!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)