She shouldn't have dressed like a slut I guess (1 Viewer)

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Earlier this week, the New York Times published a piece about a harrowing gang-rape that occurred in Cleveland, Texas, in which "18 young men and teenage boys" were charged with "participating in the gang rape of an 11-year-old girl." The paper drew a metric ton of criticism for presenting the matter in a way that allowed sympathy for the alleged rapists to overwhelm the piece. A good representative example of the heat the Times took can be found in Margaret Hartmann's piece on the matter in Jezebel.
The New York Times published a story today about how the case has torn apart the town, and the paper chooses to focus on the plight of the accused men. The author says the town is wondering "how could their young men have been drawn into such an act?" as if they were tricked into gang raping a child. Then there's this quote: "It's just destroyed our community," said Sheila Harrison, 48, a hospital worker who says she knows several of the defendants. "These boys have to live with this the rest of their lives."
But maybe the New York Times' coverage was shaped largely by the fact that Cleveland, Texas is the most awful town in America. The AP revisits the town in a report today:
A meeting Thursday night that was billed as a way to discuss concerns some have about the investigation into a series of alleged sexual assaults on an 11-year-old girl turned into a forum that many used to blame the girl police contend is the victim of heinous attacks. Many who attended the meeting said they supported the group of men and boys who have been charged in the case. Supporters didn't claim that the men and boys did not have sex with the young girl; instead they blamed the girl for the way she dressed or claimed she must have lied about her age -- accusations that have drawn strong responses from those who note an 11-year-old cannot consent to sex and that it doesn't matter how she was dressed.
The meeting was "led by Quanell X, an activist prominent in Houston's black community." X averred that it was not his intention to "jump on an 11-year-old girl." Rather, it was to "question why she didn't report the attack to authorities herself" (we remind you, this was an eleven year old girl) and take donations for a defense fund for the people who had, already, done most of the "jumping" on the "eleven-year-old girl," followed by a gang-rape.
In the AP's followup, a man named Oscar Carter briefly appears to say, "She's 11 years old. It shouldn't have happened. That's a child," and, "Somebody should have said what we are doing is wrong."
But Carter was the exception -- the headline of the AP's piece, "Some in Texas town blaming young girl," really puts the word "some" under considerable logical strain. Most of those assembled enjoyed themselves a nice round of victim blaming. I especially love Angie Woods' response: "I'm not taking nobody's side, but if she hadn't put herself in that predicament, this would have never happened." Apparently, there is a definition of "taking a side" that is specifically operable to Cleveland, Texas.

When the Times piece originally ran, Mother Jones' reporter and force-for-good Mac McClelland imagined herself in the shoes of an editor, emailing the piece's author. "Please advise if literally no other kinds of quotes are available because every single person who lives in Cleveland, Texas, is a monster," she wrote. I'm starting to have the nagging suspicion that, with the exception of the aforementioned Carter and the young rape survivor herself, this is actually the case.
ITT: victim blaming

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...-where-awful-gang-rape-occurred_n_834535.html

Last edited:

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Re: Guess she shouldn't have dressed like a slut I guess

Nuke texas.

boris

Banned
HSC

blacks

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC

p.s i don't think anybody actually think it's the victims fault whenever somebody who was wearing trashy clothes gets raped

i think they are just trying to say that their own actions may well have had a part in triggering the rape and by discouraging people from wearing clothes like that in the future rapes could actually be prevented to a small extent (dont know whether their claim about slutty clothes is actually true but if it is the logic is pretty sound)

instead of vehemently denying (while only relying on feminist canards liek RAPE IS ABOUT POWER HUHUTRHUUHUH) this why don't the ballbusting manfaced bulldyke feminists treat it as a vlaid hypothesis (one that is basically as valid as whatever they think given that such a thing is probably not testable) if they really are as anti-rape (WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE PRO-RAPE PEOPLE ANYWAY ) as they say and don't just use the "rape" issue as an excuse to protest and bludgeon their targets, men, and white men in particular (a resentfulness triggered by the fact that attractive men and alphas wouldnt give them the time of day because they are ugly or perpetual sourpusses like a certain subcontinental feminist) they would because if the people who are saying this about slutty clothes are right, they really could be alleviating suffering and reducing the number of rapes by taking their advice on board and recommending it to other women themselves. they have absolutely nothing important to lose; if they're right rapes get reduced, if they're wrong, they all that happens is they just can't wear their trashy clothes

but no

no

no

fuckin no

just want to get up and protest

Last edited:

Garygaz

HSC

no one would want to rape any one of those neanderthals that turned up to those rape protests. never mind the fact that what that canadian police man said made perfect sense in context. slowly but surely the far left is starting to disgust me more than the far-right.

boris

Banned
HSC

yes of course but i think most people feel that you should be able to wear whatever you want and just not be raped

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC

oh wow yeah what a great world that would be

i also think people should be able to live their lives without being

murdered

let's have a few protests to reach out and change the minds of all the murderers who would murder people

that'll work

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC

no one would want to rape any one of those neanderthals that turned up to those rape protests. never mind the fact that what that canadian police man said made perfect sense in context. slowly but surely the far left is starting to disgust me more than the far-right.
if the far right disgusts you then do i disgust you

:(

Garygaz

HSC

yeh and i also think that there should be no poor people in the world but reality's a bitch

Garygaz

HSC

if the far right disgusts you then do i disgust you

:(
more like the far-right christian fundamentalists in the states aka tea party. how could i possibly be disgusted by your affectionate posts of blondi and hitler, they strike my heart cords, day in day out

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC

i think there should be poor people

if there was no poor people what prospect would there be for transcendance

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A

Garygaz

HSC

well relatively poor. it would be nice if people could at least have 3 meals of rice a day and a 1 bedroom condo 5 hours west of newcastle in their own secluded town and not have to quarrel with the elites of society.

boris

Banned
HSC

oh wow yeah what a great world that would be

i also think people should be able to live their lives without being

murdered

let's have a few protests to reach out and change the minds of all the murderers who would murder people

that'll work
yeah obviously its impractical but since when has practicality dominated anything

Garygaz

HSC

1939 germany, practicality was god

boris

Banned
HSC

and just because something isnt entirely attainable doesnt mean we shouldnt strive to make it so

fucken lazy cunts

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC

good luck getting through to rapists then

Last edited:

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A

you too are a raper

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)